Fresh Cut Basil Harvest

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by iryad, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Sorry guys, no pot yet, haha still living with my rents, but i still have a passion for growing, here is a fresh organic basil harvest I just recently cut:

[​IMG]

just thought i'd share.

2. Mmmm. I hope to grow some herbs in my garden this year.

3. Looks Yummy. I'd love some Mozzarella and TOmatoes with that.

4. dude +rep for a green thumb. im growing some herbs in my window seal now!

5. As a fan of Italian cuisine, I adore basil.

6. #6 iryad, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
    haha thanks guys. i love basil too, goes great with pasta. i have literally over a dozen basil plants in my garden, they've very easy to grow, and even easier to root believe it or not. I started it all of with about 4 or 5 actual plants from seed, the rest are clones. (that harvest came from 3 adult clones).

everyone once in a while i'll clone some more and give some adult plants to my neighbors, they love it.

for anyone that has a single basil plant, I recommend you try practicing some cloning. all i did was take a healthy cutting, put it in a cup of water with a few pinches of sugar, and wait about a week, you'll see the roots pop out from the bottom and they grow larger everyday. then just transplant them either to a pot or in the ground.

7. Nice! How's the smoke? Joke! Why don't we get a vegetable section. It'd be cool.

8. i totally agree perhaps not a vegi section but anything not weed, herbs, vegi's, fruits. flowers.

am i mistaken of are you growing yourself some comfrey corto? using that for nutes i presume?

9. Make some pesto bro.

10. Late lamented OG had one.

11. Ok Doindia and Cantharis!
    Yeah it would be fun.
    Yes I have the comfrey going for ferts Doindia you're right, thanks to Cantharis. I planted 10 but only 3 :confused:have sprouted and are thriving. The others aren't doing anything. The guys who sold it to me said to wait another month for it to warm up (although frosts are gone here. They'll send more if nothing happens (unlikely they said): no time to grow it maybe by then. I don't know how far I can go with only 3. However, I can always get the stuff bottled for 20 bucks so if worse comes to worse, I can always do that.
    I think it would be nice to have a veggie section, since we do have a section on the other extreme, aka P's box.

12. i think it would be a great idea if we had a garden related section. I've learned TONS of stuff about growing non-pot plants by just browsing around these forums.

13. Comfrey likes a lot of water. A couple of mine that I thought were dead have burst into life after last week´s heavy rain. But it does grow quick once it gets started.

14. Good shit sir! I've got some genovese basil going in the greenhouse:D

15. :D Loving it man. I grow more herbs n veg than I do the bud! A Plants a plant, I thinks there should be more of this kinda thread.