fresh clones starting to wilt?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 123chris999, Sep 28, 2012.

1. You've just chopped them off their mum, of course they will wilt! But seriously, that's totally normal. Just make sure to maintain decent humidity and they will perk back up. hth

2. I shouldn't have said freshly cut.. sorry I posted first thing this morning and was out of it. they are one week old today . does that make a difference? the other one I cut is looking amazing

ForumRunner_20120928_115938.png

wat happened? :(

ForumRunner_20120928_120015.png

3. Most likely one has rooted, the other hasn't. Give it a few more days and see if it perks back up.

4. alrighty thx. would u say that it could be do to the rockwool drying out to quickly? Cuz it was pretty dry this morning

5. It might be. Depends on how dry it was and for how long. There are a lot of factors at play so it's hard to pinpoint one thing. Is this your first batch of clones? Clones often wilt, that's just the way it is. Mine don't do it anymore, but I've got my cloning method dialed in (I also don't cut off any leaves except at the nodes I bury, nor do I trim the fan leaves back). Water the rockwool, put it under the dome, and give it a few days. It will most likely root if you give it some time.

6. All mine wilt at first.. Once they have a good root structure they get healthier an per up in a day or so. U shouldnt let the rockwool dry out. Its made to let water drain but hold in moisture as well. So they will dry out eventually.. If u let em.

Whats ur RH?

7. [quote name='"GrapeDutchh"']All mine wilt at first.. Once they have a good root structure they get healthier an per up in a day or so. U shouldnt let the rockwool dry out. Its made to let water drain but hold in moisture as well. So they will dry out eventually.. If u let em.

Whats ur RH?[/quote]

wats RH?

8. RH=relative humidity

9. #10 123chris999, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    gotcha... it was at 90-99% but I made a new clone dome that is at about 80-90%%