Fresh clone knocked over. :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OMGkev, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Hey guys.. About 14 hours ago, i cut a fresh clone from a plant. I did all that i needed to do and stuck it in rockwool.

Basically, my cat got into my grow space and wreaked havoc. Well, not really. I guess she got frightened when she knocked over the humidity dome and bounced out of there.

What i found was my new clone knocked over, and out of the rockwool! (damn you, Sugar!)

What i did was i dipped it in some more rooting hormone and stuck it back in. Should i have done something different? Is this cutting f-ed?

Thanks in advance!

2. Hey bro, first things first is chillax and realize that cannabis is very resilient. If, after an hour or so of fixing it back up, the leaves and stems appear upright and erect, she'll be fine. If it's looking soggy, you might want to recut the bottom of the stem at a 45 degree angle, with a razor, dip in water for a minute then re-plant her.

PS: One of my cats absolutely loves my plants! I feed him a fan leaf after each time I prune. He has the tenancy to try and eat them right off the stalks, if I'd let him. So I don't let him in the grow room anymore. Besides, if he's near a flowering plant, you're gonna have cat hair stuck to trichomes!

3. So glad to hear that, thanks.

But what if the clone was soggy and droopy to begin with?

I first went to check it, saw it was droopy, took a shower, then found it knocked over.. Then re-planted it droopy.

I'm at work so hopefully she'll pull through for another 8 hours. If not, I'll try cutting the end of the stem again. The sad part is that when i took a closer look at the cut, it looked like it was already starting to root. :(

4. It'll be fine, I've had cuts not in anything for a week, just misting. I re cut them, and stuck them into some rapid rooters with cloning gel. They rooted like normal after that.

It was from laziness, but I also wanted to see if they would root and they did.

If they're droopy, then mist them with water and put it in a dome or like a clear cup with plastic wrap over the top and a hole or two.

5. Sweet. Thanks guys. Just what i needed to hear! Hopefully, all will be well. I will post what becomes of it.

Where would i be without GC?!

6. So..

I just checked on her. She is erect! Yes!

But!..

She leans toward one side.. Like she isn't snugged up in the rockwool. If i lean the rockwool the opposite direction, she'll fall or turn 180 degrees to that side.

Good, or bad? Should i just re-cut and place into a new rockwool where she'll be snugged in?