Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fresh bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Corndogs, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I just picked up some bud and it's moist as fuck. Its really fresh and the stems do not snap and I can't even grind it up. The buds dank for sure but how should I dry it and how much time should I expect to wait? I have it in a glass jar at the moment.

2. Leaving it in a glass jar will do the work for you. Open it up once a day for a minute or so to let it get some air. I'm kind of surprised your dealer didn't do all of this for you...I never get fresh bud. Maybe I'm just ignorant of it though. :p

3. you got riped dude he didn't dry it right. Dry it like you would normally after a harvest.

4. i don't buy wet buds either. i mean sometimes my guy will be like all i have is wet buds and i might get it and let it dry.
    but when weight comes into play.
    wet weed is SOOOO much heavier than dry weed.
    so you'll be paying more for less.

5. Oh I know the moisture added weight, I was pissed to see it was so moist that was definitely a first especially for him, lost me as a customer though. Had it in a jar for over 24 hours and still just as moist, frustrating :mad:

6. Yeah its gonna be like that for a few weeks lol. Pick up something else to smoke in the mean time. Give it a month or even two and it will be some chronic though.

7. Thanks for the info, its quite a let down I guess haha I wasn't expecting a month wait. The buds look nice for sure.. I'm curious how much the weight will go down too. Moneys not my issue now so I guess I'll just let this bud cure in my jar for awhile and pick something else up for the time being.

8. Yeah that is a bummer. I mean you can smoke it in a week or even two but the longer you wait the better it will be. Just keep an eye out for mold!

9. Just look at it as a chance to create your own style cure. Get some Orange and Banna peels! Throw it all in a container and air out it daily. If you do, keep an eye on the fruit so it doesn't spoil your bud. :smoking:

cheers :wave:

10. Should I have to worry about mold since it is in an airtight jar?

11. What if it wasn't moist and it was super duper sticky haha.

Edit - before people get butthurt, just joking lol :p

12. I wish it was just super sticky, but its definitely moisture you can tell by holding the buds.

13. Dont put orange and banana peels thats asking for mold lol. Esp if they are touching the weed.

I cant say, havent seen or felt the bud. It will probably be fine in an airtight jar. If it does develop mold you can do an isopropyl extraction on it.

14. Speaking of putting things in the jar with the buds, would putting a piece of bread in there help dry it out? I'm gonna stay away from putting an orange peel or anything in there with my luck it'll mold.. I'm just gonna hide this jar somewhere where ill forget about it and hopefully one day find a nice little present.

15. Eh the bread will mold over time. I heard those little bags of silica that come in new pairs of shoes help I am not positive on that though. Do you have a keif box? Leaving it exposed to open air over night might help.

16. Na, but I wasn't sure of the bread I just kinda though it would suck up the moisture. I'm just gonna forget about it and pick up some more tonight. Thanks all for the info.

17. Sounds like it wasn't dried/cured properly. Put them in a brown paper bag, brown because they aren't bleached. Leave the bag open, and a few times a day shake the bag around lightly so the buds can dry evenly. It will take as long as it needs to for the buds to dry, this could be days or weeks. They should be almost 100% dry, then they can be cured. To cure them, put them loosely in a jar and put the jar top on. Every day take the buds out to replace the air, and put them back in the jar and put the top back on. In a week or two they will be fully ready to smoke (you could technically smoke them after the brown bag step, but curing them makes them more smokeable), but I believe the longer you cure them (weeks, months) the more CBD is released giving a more potent, couchlock kind of bud.

18. You will cancel out the mold factor if you burp [open up the jar] every-once in a while. Somehow mold goes away with fresh air...iv'e never understood