fresh aloe in foliar sprays

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by califlower, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Is this still what you do? 1/4 cup per gallon? Like using the aloe filets, just simply cutting it open and using that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Filter it very well if using fresh aloe from leaves as a foliar. It clogs easy.
    For that reason I was have liked using powder/flakes as a foliar, and fresh from leaves as a soil drench.
    Cheers
    Os

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Do you make a powder with yours? Any teks you would suggest I read to make the powder?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I buy the powder. I would take a shot at making it if it was easy and I knew how. If ya find a tek, please tag me.
    Cheers
    Os

5. This is why I want to move away from fresh plants and to powder/flakes. My live-plant filtering routine looks like: Blend leaves in water, filter through a wire mesh strainer. Take strained liquid and strain through coffee filter (can take upwards of 20 mins), then use. Much nicer to: dump powder into water, use. #firstworldproblems

• Like Like x 2
  6. That’s my exact experience except I swear it takes a day to go through the coffee filter.
    Time to start researching “freeze drying at home”. Like I said before, please share any progress you make on powdering. I’m very interested.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I use fresh aloe as a rooting agent, and for feeding soil/foliar and in my ACTs too. You could always dehydrate the aloe flesh/goop in a food dehydrator and grind it up in a blender or food processor to make a powder. Dehydrators are fairly cheap and have many other uses as well but I use fresh aloe and wire mesh, not paper filters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This is why I don't foliar with kelp meal anymore either - it's even WORSE with the coffee filter - I have had it sit for hours and barely a drop. If I do foliar with kelp again in the future I'll steep it in the water in several layers of cheesecloth instead.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I thought about a tea ball as well. Tea ball, then coffee filter.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Use cheese cloth instead of a coffee filter

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  11. Do you still use this same amount? For foliar and watering?

Also, is it beneficial at all to foliar aloe every other day? Maby it was placebo but mine looked great once i started that