Freezing!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by weedinmegarden, Oct 2, 2012.

1. First off, these are not in my yard, and it's quite a walk to gettin to them. I usually check every 3-4 days.
    Well today, went and looked at my ladies... Doing so well, frosty nugs. I just cut a sample bud.... But I do no I have atleast a week left, maybe 2..
    My forecast coming up just recently changed from +1 over night and higher
    Looked at it today, and 5 days straight of 0 to -3. But very low chances of rain. Untill next week. An then back up to +4 or higher over night.
    So my question is do u believe the plants will survive, and keep maturing through those temps... Or should I cut right before the frost hits, And not worry about having mold from frost.
    I was planning on making most of them into bho and bubble hash.

2. Any advice would be appreciated...
    In ferenhiet it's about 28-32* over night!!.
    For 5 days straight, would this mold the plants, frost for 5 days...
    I don't wanna make hash from moldy plants:(

3. You could make the effort and at night go cover them up with a garbage bage or go drape a sheet over some stakes over the plant and take it off in the morning

4. #4 weedinmegarden, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    Would covering them in garbage bags not hold lots of humidity in? And cause mold?? If not that might b an option, but I wouldn't want to do that everyday and night. It would look obvious in my situation. I usually take a walk every 3 days.

For the sheet idea? If u need the sheet above the plants.... Would not work as I have 1 plant that's about 9-10ft and others as small as 5ft. An also a sheet tied over that tall would just look super obvious for me anyways. It is literally about 20 feet off off of a very low trafic road. Maybe 5-10 cars all day but it only takes 1 person to notice them. As of right now they are completely hidden. No worries there, but a tarp or sheet above is another story lol

Thanks for the input,
    I could still maybe do the garbage bags on top, is there a proper way to do this? Holes in the bag etc??

5. I would check on them daily if that cold or even chance of frost. More so being that big.

6. keep an eye on them {everyday if need be}, the cold might just quicken them up but you dont want to get any burn , only cover them if your sure no one will see it {its a big giveaway having stuff draped on 8 feet tall plants} be wise , the end is near:D

7. #7 weedinmegarden, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    I went down last night and cut a bunch of branches off just in case, after work, it looked like rain coming, Wich hit, but very lightly
    The plants Left are continuing to grow, first frost did no damage, but 3 more nights the same or a little colder, after that I'm in the clear:D
    I probally chopped about 3-4 o's down, just incase the others molded I'd have some good smoke.
    The one 8ft plant is literally atleast 3 more weeks of flowering left... It grew huuuge! And started flowering late.
    In a couple days, I'll post pics of my garden,
    Thanks everyone for the input:D

8. Also, your very right it's very obvious having an 8foot tall plant with a sheet or tarp over it.
    I did not do that for that exact reason.