Freezing when large amounts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Σypher, Oct 20, 2017.

1. How can you store large amounts of weed over several months? Maybe up to a year.
    Lets say i had lots of kgs of weed and needed to keep them as fresh as possible as long as possible.
    What im thinking so far is to store it in airtight glass jars (in a dark space) for a couple of months (about 4 months.)
    Then i transfer all the jars into a freezer and take them out as needed over the next 12 months.
    Would that work? If im careful when taking out the jars of the freezer and let them get to room temperature before handling them any more?

Thankfull for every tip i can get.
    I dont know if the freezer will do anything negative with it, but if its no problem freezing them, ill do that as soon as possible.

2. [​IMG]
    Glass 1/2 gallon mason jars and 60 gram sized
    62 % Boveda humidity pack in each jar.
    Will store indefinitely room temp dark space. Cooler is better but freezing will dislocate Trichome heads from the buds and not is not recommended.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you so much for your answer! :D
    Just another follow up question.

I need to store the stuff in a garage. there it has to be stored in both winter and summer.
    Can i store it like you do inside a freezer that is not hooked up to anything? And have a small oil heater in the room just so it stays cool, but wont freeze?

4. Cool
    Dark
    Oxygen deprived

5. A 60 gram sized pack should be fine in that sized jar.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok. Thank you!

7. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. If it's frozen then keep it frozen until you're ready to use it and then let it warm to room temperature before you open the jar or bag to prevent condensation. If you're going to store it for more than a year I'd say go ahead and freeze it and use a vacuum sealer even though you'll lose some trichs. You could also put it in a mylar envelope with a Boveda and a couple of oxygen absorbers and seal it with an iron for really extended storage. I stored some that way for a couple of years and when I opened them the weed was still green and I still had some clear trichs while the weed I stored in the closet in jars at the same time had all orange trichs. For a year or less just jar it with Boveda in a dark closet.