Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

freezing weed?! please help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 40bbb, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ive heard of people freezing their weed to store it for awhile. anybody have experience with this? wont it be wet when i thaw it out?

2. mythbusters, call em!

3. nope. just seal it in an airtight container or vacuum seal it. one of my friends freezes 8ths and busts them out as he goes through his ounce. soooo fresh, even at the end of his zip. also, trichomes fall off easier when it's frozen.

4. Why would you freeze it?

Keep in airtight mason jar in a shaded spot it will last several years without decrease in potency.

5. For real? I'm gonna try that sometime that sounds amazing. I just put ice in my bong lol

6. Whats amazing about storing something in the freezer lol?

7. well THC degrades with heat, so yeah it keeps its potency longer, supposeddly

but the trichomes become more fragile and fall off more easily (and then you have free hash :D )

8. ice will give you a smoother hit, but ya they stay super fresh. basically every 8th he opens is as fresh as the day he put it away, which is sometimes a month later.

9. Oh wait I forgot to mention what I really felt important when I read the thread title :

FREEZING MOOOOOOOOOOON aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh [super grim black metal face]

10. I read your posts in meatwads voice...

Good form sir.

11. Dude put in a zip lock take the air out then put it in a brown paper bag.