Freezing nutrient solution into ice cubes

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by WhiteGuy88, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Has anybody thought about making up your nutrient solution and than freezing it and putting the ice cubes on top of your medium to feed your plants while in flower?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. a noobie method to service plants whilst the grower is on vacation with mom and pop

however it that be frozen crushed walnut chocolate with creme and 3mg oil, thats a winner

• Like Like x 1
  3. Would it help bring out the colors in the flowers? Or help produce more trichomes

4. if you had a reason to use the ice tray perhaps it would work
    the biggest issue is cold ice melting on the soil surface
    as roots retract as you would your hand
    and nute burn but depending on the volume of nute

but in truth making it fresh means you get to add valuable air to the water nute mix
    in fact the best way to apply nute(IMO) or water is with a garden 'wand' for the same reason

sorry it won't bring out colors or bigger trics

to my profile on free books https://forum.grasscity.com/members/vostok.117494/

• Like Like x 1
  5. It wouldnt get nutrients evenly distributes in the container. Nutes would be concentrated below the ice cube.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lol I love it. But I know how to use a measuring cup soooooooo.... I guess I fail to see an upside.

7. If your doing hempys it doesnt matter if the solution goes to the bottom of the ice cubes, its going to slowly melt and slowly feed your hempys and when it gets full it will still flow over and drain like its supposed to, someone said what is the upside, the upside is your cooling off your plants while slow feeding them and letting your plants roots absorb all the nutrients as they flow through until it gets to the resevoir, than it cools off the rez, you are getting colder temps which makes healthier roots and brings in the fall colors on the buds, and i guarentee you will get frostier buds because the plant will throw defense mechanism try harder and pushing those truchs out, is this all true?? I have no idea, its just theory of my own after years of studying and coming up with a stoner highdea...

8. @vostok i will do this with my next grow, maybe about another month, is there a suggested forum i could do this on? Sometimes i dont pick the right ones and nobody sees my shit

9. Do it here ...600k may see your shit ...if presented well

your idea is good but again I'm concerned with root retraction

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  10. I give 1-2 gallons at every feeding. That would be one big pile of ice :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. I do too im thinking of maybe getting a deep freeze and look up some extra large ice trays

• Like Like x 1
  12. I don't know about all that mumbo jumbo, but heres something that may be helpful to some people.
    I grow organic and have 4 worm bins going most of the time. In the summer I have a heat problem in the room they are in. I dont use trays, but I freeze a bunch of pulverized fruits and veggies, coffee grounds ect, in plastic zip lock bags. I feed the worms with this when the temps get too high.

B61

• Like Like x 1