Freezing Harvest...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rabble, Oct 6, 2018.

1. I accidentally harvested a plant and realized today that I hast put the wrong bag in the freezer.

Instead of putting the trim & stem's in the freezer I put the harvested plant, after drying and removing most leaves like fan leaves and sugar leaves but still a final trim to be done.

My question is:
    Is the plant/bud destroyed?
    Or can I air dry it by opening the Turkey bag it's in (btw the plant is in a Turkey bag that was inside of a black trash bag).

Thank you

Sent from my LG-H872 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. My question is how the hell you mix them up ? And freezing just freezes the trichomes unfreeze them and you may be good lol I’ve never done it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. You can freeze bud forever!, Id personally use air tight jars or vaccum sealed bags

Bud will be as fresh as the day you put it in the freezer, no worries

• Like Like x 1
  4. You must have been smoking some really good stuff right before to have accidentally done that! Lmao

When you thaw it, be careful not to shake it up. I think the trichs will end up in the bottom of the bag.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Other than sugar trim why would you even want to put stems in the freezer? Fans and stems get dried in a old cereal box then go in my burning barrel.

Your buds should be fine but when you take them out of the freezer you should leave the bag sealed overnight at least until it's at room temp or you'll get condensation. If it's been more than a couple months it could have some freezer burn like anything else stored in a freezer and there will be lots of ice crystals like when you keep a loaf of bread in there for a while. With bread I'll open the bag and shake the ice out right away so the bread doesn't get soggy as it thaws in the fridge. With something like bud I'm not quite sure what would be the best way to proceed.

I have 4 sealed 200g tobacco cans full of sugar trim/popcorn buds that have been in my freezer for over a year so I guess I'll have to think about this before using them. I should have another crop by Xmas and wanted to add whatever trim I get from them to the old stuff and make a bunch of black hash. Mmmmm . . . hot knifed hash. :)