Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Freezing Bud Before Grinding It?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Torontoke, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Okay so my space case medium titanium 4 piece was in the mail today. Gave it a spin and I'm very pleased. I was checking a space case guide out online and it said freezing your bud for 20 - 30 mins will sesperate the chrystals more which will give u more kief. I was wondering if anybody tryed it or has any advice on this topic.

2. yeah it il dry it out alot faster too

3. ummm I'm not sure but it sounds like it might ruin the weed.

4. If everyone googled everything this forum would fucking blow.

It'd be full of identify this weed thread and I got ripped off threads.

Seriously everyone always bitching at people to just "google" it.

And if everyone did that this forum wouldn't even exist or be as popular.

5. Take a deep breath ( smoke or not ) and relax. I was simply trying to be helpful and make a suggestion if he was not able to find the answer he wanted. What makes this forum blow are people who spazz out over the little things. :smoke:

6. Ive done it countless times. Works wonders. I put the weed in the grinder, grind it up, then put a coin in the middle chamber, so ill collect more kief. Put the whole grinder in the freezer, then when you remove it shake it in a circular motion, so that the coin slides across the screen. You'll have more kief than you'll know what to do with.

7. Freezing it will make the crystals more fragile so they jus basically fall off the bud. I would recommend not doing this, but if you do, don't freeze your whole stash, only what you're about to smoke.

8. yeah it works I used to get mad kief this way

9. Let me put it this way:

If kief is so important to you that you're willing to freeze your bud/put a coin in the grinder to damage trichomes and knock more stuff through (btw the coin knocks more than just kief through so it's not TRUE kief), then youd be better off buying a sifter box and using a 2 piece SC instead of 4.

Guaranteed you get 10 times as much kief through just grinding in a 2 piece, dumping it in the sifter box and giving it a quick shake as you would doing all that shit to your 4 piece.

10. #11 01Bullitt, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
    I did this with 10g of shake one night, got a fat ass layer on the bottom of the 4in spacecase after shaking it with a coin in the bottom. The grounded up, de-kief'd bud was basically useless after. Maybe edibles or something.

My idiot neighbor puts his whole stash in the freezer. Granted it does make the bud look more crystally, it's only LOOKS. It degrades the quality of the smoke for sure. And dries it the fuck out. The bud feels like a crispy sponge after, no bueno

Fuck that shit by all means necessary.

11. And +1 to the kief box/sifter

(pollen box or some shit "legally")