Freezing Bud Before, During or After Curing...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by washmo, Jan 13, 2011.

1. I'm Sure this has been discussed before... But has anyone experimented with this?

2. I would like to know about this as well, particularly freezing buds for a day before you dry them. I heard that if you throw your buds in the freezer tiny ice crystals will form and rupture cell membranes in the plant matter and make for a better smoke, or faster dry, idk which one. anyone heard of this?

3. Would also like to know...

4. I have no experience in this just playing telephone, but im sure i read somewhere that putting them in the freezer freezes the trichomes therefore making them break off?

5. Freezing isn't good for the bud .If you want your stuff to be at its absolute finest do the following.
    Flush with only clean water for the final 10 to 15 days prior to harvest by first saturating the grow medium with water then wait 15 minutes ( dissolves excess fertilizer salts )and flush with 2 times the volume of the pot.(flushes away fertilizer).This helps remove all fertilizer .(nitrogen in cured smoke is hard to burn and contributes to harshness) (Phosphorus makes the cured smoke very harsh and ruins flavor)
    After awhile the plant will appear as though its dying ,This is normal .The leaves will yellow and begin to die.This is the plant using up all available nutrients .It is consuming all Nitrogen ,all Phosphorus and potassium to feed the buds .At this point the trichomes have clouded and begun to turn brown .This is when you harvest.
    Do not harvest in the daylight wait until right before the lights come on cut them down, Cut off all of the sun leaves and discard , then manicure the buds saving the trichome covered leaves and hang upside down on a line to dry. When they are dry enough ( the stems will snap easily) place loosely in sealed glass jars taking care not to disturb the trichomes .Store jars in a refrigerator above freezing.Open and turn buds letting some fresh air in once a day for the first week .It just needs to be cool or cold but not so cold it freezes .Store jars in a beer or soda case to shield it from light .(light degrades THC).Age at least 2 weeks then consume.
    Give this method a try on your next crop and see for yourself.It tastes better and stays potent and fresh longer.

6. Store jars in a refrigerator above freezing.Open and turn buds letting some fresh air in once a day for the first week .It just needs to be cool or cold but not so cold it freezes .

Blackbeard....can you explain, I confused.
    Thanks, I will be going through this stage SOON & looking for guidance.