Freeze tonight

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OldPothead, Sep 29, 2013.

1. It's going to freeze tonight!  There are plants growing outside that might be damaged it the temperature goes too low and frost settles on them.  That would spoil the taste even if it didn't kill them.  Should they be covered up? 

The problem it that a state cop lives next door and I'm afraid anything they are covered with would show up and look strange and attract his attention.

What would you do?

2. #2 CoLoKiD, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
    I left mine outside last night with 36 temps. If they have been outside there whole lives then they should be able to handle an overnight freeze. Just not a deep freeze in the 20's or lower. If you are that worried put a dark towel or blanket over the roots. That shouldn't draw attention.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. move them indoors or cover them up, dumb for growing to close too cop

4. I'm just wondering how he hasn't noticed the plant in the first place.

5. If you don't wanna cover them, just get up really early and hose off the frost before the sun comes up.

6. The cop move in after the plants were already well established.  Too late to move them.

7. A few evergreen trees between him and them.

8. All of my outdoor plants made it out fine last night and it was 35 degrees out. I read somewhere on the forums to just water at the base of a plant before a freeze and it seemed to have worked out because this morning they were looking as they do on the regular. 

9. Last night it got down to 28 here and it is supposed to get even colder tonight.  They barely made it through last night.  I worry! 

10. Cover them up if you can.

11. We got them all covered up.  But, thankfully, it didn't even get close to freezing. :yay:

12. Anything under 30 u should worry about

BigC

13. #13 IllestVillain, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
    Oops.. didnt notice how old this was thread was lol.