Freedom of speach??

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Wykid, Dec 8, 2005.

1. I want to start off by saying this is NOT an attack on any mod/admin/super mod or whatever titles you people have, this is simply a disscusion topic......

but latley it seems that some threads have been closed for no other reason than that the person who closed it, doesn't agree with it.

now, i follow all the rules made up by GC 99.9% of the time...i consider myself to be a "model blade". so please DONT CLOSE THIS THREAD (which will probably end up being closed anyway [prove me wrong admins/mods]).....lets discuss this in a kind manner....people who want to share their experiances DONT BASH THE ADMINS/MODS, follow all the rules so this thread can be kept open.....

can anyone can shed some light on why certain threads get closed when no rules were broken??

2. I've never seen a thread closed when I rule wasn't broken, except for support request ones. Maybe I've missed them.

3. Care to post some links so we know what threads you're talking about? :)

4. Oh, and I wanted to add that technically you don't have any free speech here. This forum is owned and operated by Superjoint and his rules are law here. According to the user agreement that everyone agreed to when they joined, moderators and/or admins have the right to lock/delete/move posts as we see fit, for any reason. But we do try not to abuse the power.

5. I'm with Wykid on this. I love the city and the mods are all great in my book.

About the whole freedom of speech thing: I understand the details and the Legalese of the matter, but it seems to me like we're all fighting for a freedom to smoke/grow cannabis, but freedom of speech doesn't apply. understand that i'm not saying i can think of any particular thread that was closed for a dubious reason, rather, i'm simply debating the concept
    I'm really extremely high, so if that made sense only to me, I'll understand, lol :D

smoke on fellow blades:smoking:

6. i understand what your sayn ipack.

But TheHempress is completely right, this is a private place, we are not out in public.

7. We don't close threads because we don't agree with them. If that were true, half of the threads here would be shut down.

If they're closed, there's a reason. It could be that the issue within the thread was resolved. A thread could be closed because it's hurting the City. I recently DID close a thread by a NOW banned member because the member had 3 of the same thread. After he got very disturbed by that and started going off on the City with silly threats, his other threads had to be closed because they were causing nothing but chaos for the City.

We're going to do what's best for the CITY, first and foremost. People can respect that or not. We're going to CONTINUE to do what's best for the City. Like Hempress said, this site is owned by SJ and he pays the bills. He has a certain vision for the City and we do what we need to do to help the City go in the direction that SJ wants. He's said it more than once...he'll close the forums before chaos takes over and ruins the City.

So, be upset if you must over a few closed threads. While we'd like to satisfy EVERYONE, we're not going to jeopardize the City in order to do so.

8. Nah, most of the time when I see a closed thread I can see right away the reason it was closed. Personally I don't mind...as long as it wasn't one of my comments that got a thread closed, it's all gravy.