Freedom is a state of mind

Discussion in 'General' started by Alphå, May 26, 2006.

1. So I've been listening to these idiots telling me how we have no freedom in America... A year ago I would've told them they are a moron and that George Bush isnt bad, he's jsut a scapegoat (now I believe him to be both a terrible president, and a scapegoat respectively).

But you know what? Its true. Domestic phone records being monitored? Patriot Act? The government is too controling.

Its not fair. Our forefathers fought and died to create this country, died defending it, and now, this 20th century imperialist elitist assholic mentality is eating away at the country I once would give anything for.

Its getting so bad- bad enough that a right winger like myself, would completely turn around and blatently say that a strong centralized federal government is not good.

George Washington warned us about this in his farewell speech. Men franticly tried to fix it in the early 18th century, but things are too fucked up right now.

And theres really not many options... Move somewhere else... That's just running away from your problems.

Its time for a change. Someone's got to do something. And its really pathetic that the only people who can make the change are rich bureaucrats who are content with milking the last drop of money out of society, rahter then put the human race on the road to enlightenment.

Honestly, we've been on this planet for how long, and we still have unrest? We still have hunger, we still have poverty, we still have no real meaning in life? Seriously. What is your goal in life? Get rich and die and old man with lots of money and no moral or ethical history?

When is a person going to step up and be above the bullshit? Where is the politician who isnt an ivyleague lawyer who was born into money? Where is the politician who fights for the people- not for himself?

Somethings gotta change, or somethings gonna blow.

2. I'm dead serious when I say this: we should start a revolution. Maybe a revolution to make a fresh start. Like if you could reset our country's laws/policies/ all that stuff to the way the forfathers made it. (feel free to delete that if I'm not allowed to say it)

3. Well, the beauty about this country is that we dont EVER have to have a revolution ever again. The constition is completely open, as is most state legislation.

All you need to change is the majority. No need for blood.

4. I hate to say this, but your 'founding fathers' where the same elitist assholes that are in power now:

see ' Freemasonry '

5. George washington also died crawling out of the window of a prostitute's house. He caught a cold and it worsened. The doctor bled him out, and he died.

6. Do you know how hard that would be, it would be easier to fight the Army then change peoples minds. Think about it man, how many people would want to give up what they have due to our corrupt system? Only a revolution could ever restore this country to the ideals it was founded on.

"What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is its natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson.

You do have a point, but the people who actually fought the revolution weren't elitist. But we need to look past the faults and look at the ideals.

Source?

7. freedom is the ability to make good or bad choices, but to make them for urself.

8. The day you were born, you were born free, that is your privelege...

9. People shouldn't fear their government. Don't let them destory your mind, they cannot abuse you any further than by all physical means.

10. We're already lost.

We're abandon democracy for security and saftey.

They've attained ultimate control and answer to nobody.

11. Yah, we're fucked...

12. Goddamn modernization... nobody takes their fair share of the pie, which is why the pie has been smashed with a hammer.

13. Whoever said revolution is spot on. Take up arms and do it now. I'll watch you on tv. It will be entertaining.

14. I'll be sure to wave "hello"

*Edit* I have an idea. Maybe it shouldn't be a revolution, but a restoration. Like, we could set everything back to where it was 230 years ago.

15. Hitting the nail right on the head (with what sounds kind of similar to abbie hoffman's suicide note). The thing that i find so ironic is that they're giving up freedom for safety while they're calling our citizens to die in a war in iraq to "bring them freedom". I cant speak for everyone, but i know that there are many people in this world who would die for their countries freedom. The US has just been going back against most of what our forefathers tried desperately to establish (even though they had some problems of their own). The worst part is that the government now has the country terrified. The people are so scared that they are willing to listen to anything the governtment tells them will make them safe.... slowly but surely they are taking away our freedoms, and doing it so suddely that we dont even realize it... and we probably wont until its to late.

16. Tbika knows whats up.