Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Prepper420, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In all, a year before it’s really ready to drink. The fermentation takes a few weeks, then you rack it into another container taste test and check alcohol %, that can sit for another month or so before you rack again or bottle it. Then in the bottle it will age until it’s 1-2 years old, prefect drinking age.

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. #1923 Midwest Wormfest, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Would yucca replace soapnuts?

Otherwise, would a spinosad root drench kill all the benny's in my soil? I would do this after flower of course, to be safe!

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I believe Yucca AND Soap Nuts have a solid place in the garden as surfactants. Yucca Extract is geared more towards soil drench but also great as foilar. Soap nuts are the Emperor of Surfactants! Their PPM of saponins are super high! Saponins which trigger a plants SAR, their defense system. Here are some comparisons of saponin levels in different materials.

Alfalfa - 20,000 ppm
    Aloe Vera - 30,000 ppm
    Yucca Extract - 40,000 ppm
    Horse Chestnuts - 140,000 ppm
    Soap Nuts - 240,000 ppm

Organic yucca extracts are also a valuable addition to compost teas and other microbial inoculants. Since yucca contains complex sugars, it is a stable carbon source for plant-growth-promoting microorganisms in the root zone.

Microorganisms convey many benefits to plants, including the mineralization of organic matter, improved root growth and induced resistance to pests and disease. So over time and with continuous use, yucca will help stabilize soil pH, decrease soil compaction, and increase the availability of essential trace elements to the roots.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Veg, looking sharp with a rice hull mulch!
    [​IMG]

Bubblegum Purpz transplanted into flower!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. I’m a huge fan of rice hulls. I put a few inches on top every month. .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’m a huge fan of them now! Lol, much easier to deal with than straw mulch. Especially with clean up! Straw was always clogging my shop vac.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rice hulls are what I use. Super easy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. No clue why I didn’t switch to these earlier lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. Great response! Thanks Prepper

• Like Like x 1
  10. So if you were to chop and drop some comfrey and other things...you'd do it right over the rice hulls? And then just remulch again at a later time?

11. I guess not necessarily re mulch..but I meant with the dry stuff, I try to keep the fungus gnats down to a minimum and the dry mulch helps. Comfrey and "greens" seem to attract them more so

12. Most “greens” are mostly water, like up to 90% if I remember correctly...who knows, but it’s up there! I think it would be best to get the Comfrey under the mulch for best break down and usage. Fungus gnats haven’t been an issue in forever it feels like, I have done 3 beneficial nematodes releases over the 1.5 years and I’ve been using the same soil. Just ordered Drove Beetles to add to the mix!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. For some reason my EWCs kills fungus gnats. Haven't had them in forever. Once I got the worm bin rolling the gnats hate a thick layer of quality castings. Blumats have also helped with keeping them away. Proper watering is clutch.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Couldn’t agree more, healthy soil and Blumats for the win!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Purple Zebra day 55 in veg[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  16. Looks amazing!! Look at that natural beauty! Great job man!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Do you give your worms neem meal?

I also seem to remember coot and mofo saying that malted barely also helps prevent gnats.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Not in any significant volume. I use a lot of kelp meal. Leaf mold and horse manure base.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Transplanted 4x Gigabud plant’s into flower! Will finish right on the Winter Solstice!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.