Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Prepper420, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plants are all looking really good, no hermi’s (knock on wood) that I can find in the Pineapple Krunkz, starting to purple up in the centers on most. Stacking is great on all plants, looks like the switch to 600w’s is a win so far lol.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Bubblegum Purpz
    [​IMG]

Finished the Banana Fermented Fruit Juice, went 24 days, way to long, was being lazy lol. It started to smell like booze though, so time to use or store for another few months and make banana booze...I strained it and didn’t get as much as I expected, only a full mason jar worth. Next time will ferment in a warmer area and see what happens.
    [​IMG]

Spread the leftovers across all the pots and watered in.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. Banana Booze... lol had me laughing Prepper.
    Yargh, ye old garden is looking bountiful mi scurvy swashbuckling privateer. I only wish smooth sailing ahead upon ye and watch out for them sirens! -OB

• Like Like x 4
  4. Thanks OD!

I jumped ship when I heard my siren’s song, she’s the best, lol.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Man I'm really excited to get one now. I've found a seed bank that actually has Peruvian torch, peyote and San Pedro seeds! They all have unique highs too but I'm thinking the San Pedro for my first time! But I'd wanna start them all though!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Random flower shots from this morning. Gave the lady’s a top watering of Recharge today. 24 brew with a splash of molasses and yucca as food stock for the microbiology to reproduce faster.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  7. Comfrey patch is yielding!!! Just hung up another bunch, leaves are huge!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. My plants exploded with growth out of nowhere in the last week... it finally stopped raining so much in the mid atlantic. Got my first batch of banana apple juice done and second batch started yesterday..... waiting for a local place to bag up the worm castings so I can add those. Plus I think I got 4 girls out of the 5. The fifth plant I am waiting for the sex. This is after the hail storm punished the plants! I have to thank you! I combed this thread multiple times to understand the no till organic growing...

I do have two questions what are your thoughts about training the plants with tomato cages? I see you use them... I am outdoors so I want to make sure they are supported when they start to flower. Last question do you trim your plants while they are in veg? Im talking the smaller branches at the bottom?

• Like Like x 5
  9. I wouldn’t use tomato cages outdoors, the plants are to big for them indoors, outside would be crazy. I have used Field Fencing that’s 4’ tall. You can cut custom sized cages, even throw a loop on top for those extra tall plants.

I do skirt, from the beginning.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Released 50,000 predator mites!! Charge!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  11. One more question.... top.... yes? no? Thoughts. I am debating if I should since this is my first run.

12. I do top, usually a total of 7 times. Once when it’s small, about 8”-10” tall, then it usually splits into 3 dom tops, which are topped at 20” ish, kinda guessing on that, just whenever it feels right. After that it’s just a nip here or there to even things out before flower.

13. Hey man. Wanted to ask if you have grown tobacco before? I do a little prepping and it is a great plant for preppers. Not only can you roll blunts but tobacco will definitely have value in post apocalyptic America. I throw one in every bed because I think it is a protective plant. It has a masculine feel to the plant unlike the female cannabis plant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  14. I haven’t grown tobacco before, had some Native American tobacco seeds around here somewhere. There are some benefits to it I’m sure!

How big do they normally get on you?

15. I have Virginia Gold which gets as tall as 6 foot. (Long story...tobacco built America...VG is one of those iconic strains and I like preserving the history and heritage of our great nation.) I also grow Paris Wrapper. This is smaller and more delicate. This I would like to cure and make small rolling papers. I only smoke tobacco with cannabis and it is rare.

I have also read you can make pesticides from tobacco. Never done this. I compost most of the plants (about 6-10).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  16. Found this on it:
    Tobacco for Pest control

“Nicotine sprays are a traditional remedy for a range of pests, including whiteflies, gnats, root and leaf aphids, thrips and leafminers. While commercial nicotine sprays are so potent that they can kill as many beneficial insects as plant predators, homemade "tobacco juice" is short-lived and much milder. Used sparingly, it may be an important member in your arsenal of natural pest control.

0. use 1 cup of dried leaves to 1gal water:
    0. Add 10 drops mild liquid soap. Soap helps homemade sprays adhere to plants.
    Steep the solution for at least 30 minutes.
    Pour the solution through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a bucket or bin with a lid. Keep the mixture on hand for up to a month.

Warnings
    If using tobacco juice on edible plants, restrict your spray schedule to early growth, and apply it several weeks before expected harvest. Nicotine can stay in the plant's system for many weeks.
    Tomatoes, peppers and eggplants, which are in the same nightshade family as tobacco, are susceptible to tobacco mosaic disease. Check your nursery information to see if your plants are bred to be resistant to the disease. If you're not sure, skip the tobacco juice treatment for these plants.” How to Use Tobacco Juice to Control Pest in the Garden

• Like Like x 4
  17. Hope everyone has a great Friday night! Smoking some Wedding Cake BX1
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. :wave: Hey prepper,

Haven’t been around in a while...looking even more amazing then when I was around a few months ago!

Gunna go back and try to find out, but how big are your pots now and why the switch to 600w?

• Like Like x 4
  19. #1659 Prepper420, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Hey BrodMan! Good to see you! I am using 200gal Geopots with Blumat Gravity watering system. The switch to 600w’s was based off the new height the large pots put the plants closer to the hoods and heat, having smaller AC than I should. I was pretty worried about the switch, especially switching over my whole garden to new and lower wattage lighting. But everything seems to be working out really well, plants look great, bud stacking is really nice.

• Like Like x 5
  20. 3×315s would do you nicely ;)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.