Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Prepper420, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I loved it, kinda messed with my routine IPM I feel like but at least I have a little fire to get me to my LA harvest! Might just end up making a journal on here too..hmm

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. Do it! Lol. I understand the IPM issues, one of my main reasons for disliking perpetual.

I’ve ordered more 200gals, switched the remaining 1k’a to 600w and will fill those pots in as the wedding Cake finishes and I make more soil. Going to hold everything back in veg, not that anything is even close to be ready, but switching my room up to all run at the same time to make IPM and predator releases easier.

Looking like first up in the next cycle will be
    4x Wedding Cake BX1 (keeper pheno, so far)
    16x Bubblegum Purpz

• Like Like x 5
  3. Hey prepper , I’ve been growing on and off for 10 years , just got into organics and no till within the last 18 months . Been reeding ur journal from day one . We talked here and there . I just wanted to thank u for all the info you have passed on. I’ve learned allot from organic farming classes . But I’ve learned quite a bit from u as well just by reading this journal . Just wanted to say thank u . And was wondered how much time a week do u spend on this journal . I don’t think u realize how much u help people on here . Was thinking about doing one myself . I would like to think maybe I could help someone else along the way . Just as u have been doing .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. That's deadly bro! I was growing an amnesia haze autoflower awhile ago, some really tasty stuff. You should do a smoke report on your autoflower and defiantly make your own grow journal on the Cinderella xx!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Why do you keep going to the 600 watts?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lower power, most efficient HID wattage, and most importantly it puts my heat BTU’s in line with something my AC can handle by itself.

Started out with 4x 1k’s and 4x pots under each. But there was a lot of wasted space in the grow room. My heat BTU’s vs AC was almost double and I was running CO2 just to survive the summer/fall heat at $30 a tank refill every 5 days. The #1 cause of hermies IME is heat. Shit will fuck you every time.

So installed a 5th light, which used up the wasted space and allows me another 4x plants, moved them all a little closer, and put in 600w’s for each 200gal pot. The level of a full 200gal is much closer than the 20gals, so downgrading the light helps prevent light burning in the future.

So with all this changes I expect to see that the bigger soil masses equals:
    better beneficial predator control of pests.
    Better nutrient cycling for the plants and microbes now sharing a mass and with the blumats, they make sure the soil stays the perfect moisture level.

Which in turn should give me better, faster growth, plant health, yields. For much less work and electricity. That’s the idea anyways, sooo...only one way to find out right? Do it!

• Like Like x 5
  7. Here’s some shots
    IMG_1539.JPG IMG_1540.JPG IMG_1541.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  8. How much time do I spend on GC? Lol, at least an hour a day. This an IG are all I’m on. So I log in and update my feed a ton during the day, see if anything interesting is going down.

So happy my crazy journey has helped you so much! I try share everything with you guys/ladies here on GC. This is where I first learned to grow thanks to all the other amazing growers out there that have taken time to share and teach us all.

You should start a journal and continue the knowledge on!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. That makes a lot more sense bro! I do notice faster growth in my big bucket.. so I think your on to something. But I hear ya on the heat for those 1000w. Just one is ridiculous.. I couldn't imagine the that you've got from 4 of them jeeze! Gardens looking great though man!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Took 16x Bubblegum Purpz clones . Sprayed the plants with an IPM spray and made sure they’re well watered before taking clones.

Dip the scrapped cuttings in Aloe Vera which is super high in rooting hormones.
    IMG_1543.JPG

Then organic Cinnamon powder, also high in rooting hormones and protects against pests/mold (damping off).
    IMG_1544.JPG

Then plug! Easy and cheap!
    IMG_1545.JPG

Hardest part of all this is writing out the name tags

• Like Like x 8
  11. I tried the plugs last year but switched back to rock wool last summer. I think I get faster roots in the rock wool. Now after getting through the whole pack of rock wool I am going back to those wood plugs you use. I hate that the rock wool never breaks down and I have to burn them or throw them away. And nothing says "grower" like rock wool in the trash!

• Like Like x 3
  12. I've seen you do this technique before. That's awesome it works for you. I've tried using rooting gel or Aloe vera in the Pete plugs. I would do a whole tray with around 15-20 cuttings and get 4 or 5 after a very long time. I seem to always have terrible luck with this method. It was frustrating because people like yourself have no issues. So I built an aero cloner and gave it a try, and 7 of the 8 took; and at a faster pace as well. The last one might have taken still but I had what I wanted and sent it to the bin. Sorry no pics, only a video.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  13. Guys I'm seeing ants in my notill and I feels the worms not liking it any solution?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey Prepper, I'm gonna bombard you with some environment questions...ive been having some wild temp swings that I dislike! Want to get that in check before anything starts showing cause of it. Low is 65, high is 90 - no bueno. Has only happened a couple times but still not cool.

Do you use a environmental controller? I think I remember you saying you installed a mini split? Do you have pictures again lol? Would a portable a.c./heater work just as good as a split? Wondering if the portable would trash my RH%? Maybe there is a thread already answering and discussing all of this...if so I could do the legwork on my own!

I'm really trying to bump night temps up about 5 degrees and day temps down about 10 degrees. Thats only what's needed currently. I'm sure it will change slightly when the heat of summer comes - likely will only need to cool the room. The bedroom in its entirety is about 10x12. I don't want it to be completely closed either, I'm not supplementing co2 nor do I plan too! Any tips, tricks, ideas or suggestions would be stellar. Thank you kind sir

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I know you asked Prepper but I thought I would ask. Are your lights on in the daytime or at night. Switching lights "on at night time" eliminates a lot of heat in the summer and saves on AC power costs.

• Like Like x 4
  16. They sell Beneficial Nematodes for ants. I would start there and maybe some Neem on top. Though I can’t remember if Neem does anything to ants.

• Like Like x 4
  17. This method does take awhile, usually roots within a week or two. Not in a huge hurry and always behind on making soil, lol

Did you use a heat mat under your clone dome? I found this helps a lot, have a higher success rate with a heat mat set at 80F. Especially during the winter.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Right!! Yikes man, I wouldn’t be throwing that in the trash, at very least black bag it and dump it in someone else’s trash lol. I am very careful what goes into my trash, which is just Perilite and CSPM bags mostly. Anything grow related gets black bagged and only grow stuff goes into it. Don’t want to mix in anything from the house like mail, etc. Make sure to remove all labels, anything with a barcodes, address labels for received grow supplies, you get the idea. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Woohoo for living in lovely, legal Maine!!! Haha even if they're trying to limit us to 3 flowering plants.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I have a few environmental controls going on in my room. Easiest one is this Ductstat hooked up to an exhaust fan, kicks on at 82F
    IMG_1547.JPG IMG_1548.JPG

The Mini Split is your most expensive option, but it doesn’t vent heat out like a standing or window does, which helps with keeping smells where they belong, in your room.

It has a ton of settings, programmable Day/Night modes, AC, Heat, Dehumidifier, and Fan. Also has a Auto mode which it will automatically switch between Ac/Heat to keep temps 68-75F. You’ll need a dictated 30 to 50amp breaker (depending on BTU’s) and an electrician to wire it all up. Most come pre-charged, so all you’ll have to do connect the lines (sold sep) and release the refringent. VERY IMPORTANT that if you buy, just get them for the grow rooms, not the whole house. I got a 24K BTU one and put one in my kitchen. The issue is when your grow room is hot, but it’s winter and you want heat, the units conflict and don’t do anything. Should have gotten mini splits separately for the house. Also go higher than you think you need. I should have put a 24K in flower, not a 12K. All tying back into using the 600w bulbs now vs 1k. Way easier to switch a few bulbs than redo my entire AC system.
    IMG_1550.JPG

Veg has a standing 1800w AC, to far in the house to run lines too. Black tube runs to flower as a backup AC to help the Mini Split during the summer. IMG_1551.JPG
    Another Ductstat and 6” fan/filter in veg set at 82F. IMG_1552.JPG

Like Captain said, running your flowering lights at night and keeping your veg off from noon- 6pm usually avoids the hottest parts of the day. I’ve done this many times in the past.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.