Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Prepper420, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They recycle everything worms can’t, junk food, meat, etc. then you can use them as chicken feed or dry them out and grind up for your own insect frass! Had larva all year!

2. I did this a few summers ago and attracted every slug from what seemed like miles away. Just a heads up to be careful if you compost this stuff outside. ( I have a neighborhood brewery too).
    cheers
    os

3. I’ve used lady bugs for thrips . I have a bunch of stink bugs that I collected at the end of summer . They are still kicking . I’m sure they are eating them . It seems like I have more than I collected . I worry about using nematodes due to how much neem I use . Wouldn’t that just kill them off? And the insect frass is loaded with chyton . Wouldn’t that hurt the nematodes? I used nematodes 4 months ago when I first saw signs of the aphids. But that was in my veg room only
    . I could keep using the soil. It’s only 6 months old. Just getting going . I hate starting over . But he’s having issues with the aphids in hydro . And he’s stuck on it. So he asked me to start with fresh soil. He doesn’t believe that they arnt in my soil.

He keeps accusing me of adding bud booster or something to improve the tastes and terps . I tell him . It tasted and smells so good because it’s organic . Can’t get it through his head that organics is the way to go if u want stanky stanky ass weed ,

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. What's this one for?

5. They’re marketing it as a self burping/curing bucket for commercial growers. Just set it and forget. But I think it’s most likely $400 over priced because it’s Canna related.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thanks for the tip! I plan on using them inside primarily and just dump the extra outside. Just starting a pile out there now.

7. #687 Prepper420, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    So the grows are side by side?? Organic bud can’t be beat!! Only Bud booster I use now is Banana FFJ lol, I did see a noticeable size increase after using it, lol. Sulfur makes those terps stand out! I use Gypsum for that.

I couldn’t stand my partner in CO, fucking guy would spray Organocide or pay someone to spray Avid while I was gone from the grow because he didn’t believe in any of my methods. Also started dumping bottled nutes into my res “needs more frost!” I would have to dump the whole res and start over. There will always be people to stupid to grow any other way than with bottles.

I eventually just walked away from the grows with just a $6,5k truck to show for it. I was walking away empty handed but he felt bad and gifted me the title to the work truck. Fuck the headache. Will never partner or work for anyone again!!!!! I’d rather be poor and happy.

As to your questions about Neem...it doesn’t seem to hurt beneficials though it could drive them away. I’ve been top dressing Neem once a month for years now, still have tons of life in my soil. I would still release Nematodes and predators for aphids even if you use Neem. Just time it so the Neem isn’t fresh when you release. Neem Oil on you plants can also drive away predators. I was also reading today (need to find where) that adding 1 tbsp per gal of ISO will make sure your IPM sprays will actually penetrate the bugs skin.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prepper, what's ISO? Is that isopropyl alcohol???

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah we share a flower room. Rather larger one . He’s a good guy . Just stuck on the old way of growing . I tried telling him 90% of that stuff in the bottle is just water . I’ve offered to teach him about organics . He won’t listen so I gave up . I was the same way until I tried some no till bud . Then I started reading . Lots and lots of reading . Took a organic farming class . Havnt looked back since .

I’ve been using the banana ffj . I saw your post a few months back . Your pics showed you knew what u were doing . So I tried it . The plants love it . On my 3rd batch now . I used the ISO with neem when I had thrips . Worked great . I would collect as many lady bugs as I could find before I sprayed . I hated the idea of hitting them with the neem and iso . I found a good trick to keep the lady bugs around the plants is to spray with a tiny bit of sugar water . All over your plants and pots . Then spray the lady bugs with the sugar water before you release them . The sugar water will attract them to your plants . And the sugar water sprayed on them will stop most of them from flying . Makes the wings stick shut .

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Yes!

11. That’s a great tip!! Will definitely try that before release.

What kinda difference would you say the Banana FFJ has made for your bud??

Isn’t it hard to veg Organics next to Hydro? I would think the times would be way off?? My friend does hydro and only veg’s for a week where I will veg for a month or so. However long it takes the plants to reach the correct size and height.

12. Flower
    Darkshine
    IMG_1054.JPG

Gigabud, 2x sets of 4, 1 week apart.
    IMG_1055.JPG IMG_1057.JPG

I haven’t named this yet. (Lemon Diesel Kush x Strawberry Diesel) x GDP
    IMG_1058.JPG

Bubblegum Purpz
    IMG_1059.JPG IMG_1061.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. I’m on my first run of using the banana ffj in flower . I veg for 2 months or more in 20s or 40s. I like monsters . So I can’t tell u how it effects my bud yet . I do see a huge difference after I use it. Straight praying after for a few days . I use it once a week in foliar and once a week in my water . I’ve also made some with kelp and MBP added to it . I used honey and molasses instead of brown sugar . Have no idea if it work but I ran out of brown sugar . It was 200mg edible day . Wasn’t making it to the store that day .

As far as vegging next to hydro it’s not a big deal . He uses high pressure aeroponics. He has 50gallon pods next to my pots . He vegges for 2 wks maybe . Then pulls the net cups and transfers them into identical pods in the flower room. It’s too much work though . Constantly adjusting his feed and ph in his res. Fiddling with filters and clogged sprayers . Issues with root rot . All kinds of nonsense . He went on vacation for 2 weeks . That was hell for me keeping his going. Don’t get it . So much more $$ to run that . More work . For just ok bud . Who wants ok bud? I need that sticky icky .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. sticky icky, yuuup!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I only want my own frosted funk!! Lol. Organics has opened up a whole world of flavors and smells that were never there before!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Looking great as per usual man! Lovely stuff

• Like Like x 1
  17. Are you still growing that Tangie?? Still think about that bud sometimes. Really amazing flavor and smell!

• Like Like x 2
  18. I was just daydreaming about that yesterday lol unfortunately I am not. I gifted the cut to a couple peeps and then when they sent it back they sent it back unrooted and I just never got them to root after that trip in the mail. I asked them to root it before sending with no luck. I don't talk to them anymore lol they're fuck boys and i told them that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  20. That’s a real bummer man.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.