Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Prepper420, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wetting 9x Blue Cheese x Guerrilla Cookies[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. These Black Soldier Flies are just going wild! Need to start collecting food waste from restaurants to support these little guys.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  3. Plants are doing alright. Grow room is all setup! Final part was hanging the flag. Lol[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. Going to fill these trays with soil and grow my own DA's. Green manure all day!![​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. looking good in here! :metal:
    whats DA?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dynamic Accumulators are plants that concentrate micro and macronutrients from the soil into their leaves, stems, and roots. Then you compost, vermicompost, or use as a Chop N Drop mulch to improve soil fertility. Some DA's are Alfalfa, Comfrey, Dandelions, Stinging Nettle, Kelp, Water Cress, Horsetail, etc. I will be growing Stinging Nettle and Dandelions outside along with in these trays, Fenugreek. I have Watercress seeds too.

Here is a spreadsheet I found with a list of all DA's and what elements they bring in.
    Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File dynamic.pdf

Link if PDF doesn't work: List of dynamic accumulators

• Like Like x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Welcome!

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you sir ! I wouldn't be where I'm at without you're guidance thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice link on DA's. I too organically farm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice link on DA's. I too organically farm.

11. Started a tray of Stinging Nettle. Took soil from outside, mixed in a little Peat Moss, Bio-char, kelp, neem/karanja, and oystershell. No mineral amendments though, the heavy clay soil in my yard is already loaded with it. And I want the Stinging Nettle to eat up the soil and give me all that goodness in the form of green manure![​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nom nom nom[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Thanks, what are you farming?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Veg update! (Nothing in flower yet)
    Just finished watering with Recharge and Aloe Vera.

It's still pretty early to tell sex on the reg seeds I planted, but mostly looking like ladies.
    1x Purple Moon Kookies (Reg)
    8x Bubblegum Purpz (Reg)
    3x Gigabud (Fem)
    1x Gummy Bear (Reg)
    6x HSO Chemdawg (Fem)

Put 8x Blue Cheese x Guerrilla Cookies seeds in soil, hoping they pop up. If not, just keep burning through my seed stock so I can buy new ones later!! Lol

[​IMG]
    Purple Moon Kookiez
    [​IMG]

Bubblegum Purpz
    [​IMG]
    Gigabud
    [​IMG]
    G Bear
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. Nice work man. I grew tired of clover as a green mulch too. Same reason...mites love it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Right! On paper clover sounds awesome, IRL, omg, buffet for mites.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kinda like that time I used tree leaves for mulch and brought a bunch of fungus gnats in.

I've been wondering if some of our ipm plants like mint, lemon balm, holy basil, etc. might make for good companion plants?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. They do make good companion plants and you could mulch using their leaves.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.