Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Prepper420, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks man! Same to you and all my GC Fam!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hey man quick question. It looks like you run mostly elite genetics. You got any recommendations on strains? What has been your favorite?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Really depends on what you are looking for?? Production vs Connoisseur. The following I think are an excellent blend of both;
    Blue Hash by Dinafem.
    Pineapple Express by G13 Labs.
    Gigabud by G13 Labs.
    White Widow x Big Bud

Connoisseur cultivars would be;
    Purple Mountain Majesty by Humboldt Seed Company.
    Anything by Krunkz Kreationz will be fruity and frosty dark purple.
    Velvet Bud by Seedsman.
    GG4 (clone only)
    White Grapefruit.

Cultivars I haven’t grown, but the smoke was very memorable;
    Strawberry Cough.
    Light of Jah.
    White Buffalo.
    Berry White.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I have a few "older strains" I keep around. A skunk from the 80s, ww x big bud, c99, Goji OG. Somethijng for everyone...Lol. I just want to make sure if I am going to drop over $150 for some beans it will be worth it. Most of what I have was free. I see all these new strains and it makes me think about upgrading.
    I would love to have half the space you have. Popping beans like crazy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. @Prepper420 i was perusing seeds last night and Strawberry Cough was one i was on the hunt for. The varietal I smoked in FL seemingly 8-10 years ago was very memorable. Souring, crystal clear buZZ, easily prone to maniacal, back strap hurting, gut busting laughter. Tasty. Very, very good.

As i was cruising the seed catalogs remembering the older strains it occurred to me that many, like Strawberry Cough, may be soon long forgotten.

There's a newer hybrid in CA circles by the name of 707 Headband thats supposed to be really special on the local level, humboldt area iirc.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Just in the last couple of years, everyone with an IG account became a seed bank it seems lol. So many to choose from and $100+ a 10x pack seems to be the going rate. Sucks, but there are some gems out there!! I have a bunch of seeds, most gifted from different friends over the years. I could never work through them all, gave some away a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. So true, with all these hybrids, original “old school” cultivars will fade, hopefully not forgotten. I’ve heard of 707 Headband before, idk if I smoked it though...lol.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Flower
    Bubblegum Purpz
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gigabud
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Sprayed for IPM today,
    1gal water with
    .5 tsp Yucca Extract,
    .5 tsp Peppermint EO. (Emulsified)

Try to keep it random so they don’t adapt!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. And Happy New Years!! Smoking a king slim of Darkshine with the ladies.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  11. Veg, starting to fill in!
    [​IMG]

Flower, looking good!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Hey Prepper. I talked to u about 2 weeks ago about the banana FFJ. It’s been in the jar for about 16 days . Not sure if I did it correctly . I used 1lb banana and 1lb of brown sugar . I blended the entire bananas , peels included . But it doesn’t look like I got much liquid from it after all this time . I looks like I got 250mls of clear liquid at the bottom of a 2000ml jar . Does that sound right to u? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  13. If it still smells good it should be fine to let it keep on rolling. You can shake it up to mix up the solids back into the liquid. Though they will separate again pretty quickly. I’m switching to wide mouth mason jars and using Pickle Pebbles, glass weights to hold the solids down in with the liquid so the ferment actually happens. Also, half fill jars lol, even with the weight the liquid will push up and over flow. Sticky sugar is a pain to clean up!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. It's done you can harvest the ffj now.. also for complete last drop extraction there a simple method ( don't strain it through strainer..) take a cloth make sure it's fine so that ffj don't come, put the ffj in and hand press it squeeze it's to final drop and then store it.. and the recidue of ffj can be dispose to your worm bin or compost or can even topdress at notill bed prior watering GG!!
    Did you get it!!![​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Also next time you make ffj try this Combi banana + papaya + squash soil life will love it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. That sounds awesome, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dang looking good was wondering how you've been

• Like Like x 3
  18. Hey Gus! Good to see you around the city! I stopped posting on IG until I live somewhere legal again. Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 2nd day of trimming 2x Gigabud plants. Trimmed 8oz yesterday, will be finished by this afternoon!
    Have this and some more branches hanging up.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  20. Makes sense man, a little less traffic on here. I think I'm going to get my thread going again, been a minute since I've consistently done updates here. Good to see ya man

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.