Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Prepper420, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, first time I've heard of FFJ too. What's the benefit of using fermented fruit juice?

2. Fermented fruit juice, also known as FFJ, acts as an organic fertilizer for plants and gardens. This liquid increases nutrients in the soil and therefore in the plants growing in it, especially potassium levels.

Proteins in bananas contain potent hormones and vitamins that boost essential oil production in plants. Essential oils are what give flavor to herbs, fruits, and vegetables. Rich in Vitamins, Minerals, Hormones, and Enzymes, Banana stimulates the production of essential oils, which gives plants better, stronger, more distinctive flavors.

* Potassium. This mineral helps promote general plant vigour; build up resistance to pest and disease; is necessary to help fruit develop; is involved in regulating around 50 enzymes in a plant; and relates to the turgor (or uprightness of stems and the thickness of cell walls) i.e. plant strength! This is extremely important for plants like staghorns which literally hang onto tree trunks in nature and vertical vegies like shallots, leeks and fruiting crops.
    * Phosphorus. This mineral strongly influences fruiting and flowering; is essential for good root and shoot growth; pollination; and is very important in seed germination and viability.
    * Calcium. The most important mineral in the soil and known as the ‘Trucker of all minerals.’ Calcium is the ‘ingredient’ of cell walls concerned with root development and growing stem points. It also helps ‘open up’ soil to allow more oxygen.

With such important roles to play, these macro nutrients are vital for plant health and wellbeing. However, there are many other nutrients plants need too (NOT just N-P-K)!

* Banana Water: Soak a fresh banana peel in water for a day or two – then use the water with the leached nutrients in it to water your plants. Don’t let the peel go to waste though!
    * Add Peels to your Soil or Worm Farm: Chop up peels and add to your compost, worm farm or dig it into the soil around other plants to build up the organic matter and attract worms.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Haha...420...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Added another 100gals of grass clippings and leaves to my indoor composting system. I was calling it a worm farm but it's been around 120F for over a week because of all the grass...so will add worms to it in a month or so when it cools down lol [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. Hey @Prepper420, did you just dump the clippings on top, mix them in, dampen them, or what?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I mow with the deck at its highest setting, this insures I get more leaves vs grass. I dump them on top, then sprinkle on Neem/Karanja meal, Malted Barley Powder, perlite. After it's broken down some (about a week) I work it over with a pitch fork and spray it down with ReCharge (powdered compost tea). I also spray it with Yucca randomly if I feel like it's getting to dry. The thermal composting action really dries and heats it up pretty quickly. Last thing I need is a fire in my basement lol

I also add kitchen compost items, coffee grounds, banana peels, apple cores, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  7. @Prepper420
    Man that purp is beautiful. Worms too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks man, just finished shucking it off the branches. All ready to trim now.

Sunlight
    [​IMG]

Flash
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Hello prepper
    How much it weighs...

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

10. 45 grams! All personal!! Happy to be smoking all the time again, no worries about running out and having to buy weed, which lately has just been traaassh, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Another Bubblegum Purpz, one of the two keepers.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. 2nd Bubblegum Purpz (smells like Bubblegum)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Gigabud Keeper pheno
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Gigabud, on the fence about this pheno.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. [​IMG]

A-a-aye, I'm on vacation
    Every single day 'cause I love my occupation
    A-a-aye, I'm on vacation
    Every single day, every, every single day…

15. Beautiful plants man! What size pots you got em in?

• Like Like x 1
  16. 20gal Geopot

• Like Like x 1
  17. I couldn't see any of the images :(

18. Try restarting and clearing cache

19. I see them now:eek2::notworthy:...damn!!! Doing great.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.