Free seeds grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TiPWiLL, Mar 25, 2015.

1. these are my seeds. 2 will go into germ tonight. Any suggestions on which ones?

Ill need a few vets at this to get me through this one. I had a lot of great help with my 1st grow. Also my 1st grow was soil so my 2nd one will probably be as well. I may throw a free seed in the dwc. Not sure yet. My schedule may not permit. Hydro takes more time and constant monitoring which i may not be able to commit to right now. I want to start these in 1 gallon smart pots. Then transfer to 3 then to 5 gallon pots for flower. I am planning on using happy frog for the 1gallon pots and then foxfarm ocean for the 3gallon pots. When i switch to flower i plan on using ff ocean as well. Unless i get a really good suggestion that makes enough sense for me to switch.

Anyone want to ride with me? My 1st grow was a success. And smoked great!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427286180.557581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It took me a while to set the time aside but the seeds for germination 1st go round have been decided upon... DRUMROLL PLEASE **+++++*****>€€|!!|€]^\\?\\?]€]*{|**

I have paper toweled

Delicious- Critical Sensi Star (fem)
    18% thc level
    90% indica
    10% sativa
    Grapefruit, lemon, & kiwi

Seedsman- White Widow
    15-20% thc
    Mostly sativa
    8week flower

AND

White Label- White Skunk
    120-150 cm
    125g yield
    50-55 day flower

They have been put in a paper towel and a dark cabinet. Ill update b4 i put into dwc for a rapid root.
    My plan is probably to switch it to some foxfarm ocean forest. Therefore im open to suggestions on nute brands to use. It probably will not need any nutes for the 1st 2 weeks in soil. Once i get em in soil they will veg and flower under my mars II 1200 watt led full spectrum in my 5x5x6 tent.

But for now ill let you relax with me instead of overloading you with info.

Ill use
    1/5 happy frog
    2/5 perlite
    2/5 ocean forest

Ill keep it in the veg stage after seedling for 3weeks before i clone. Once i do clone depending on how much stress the plant has taken (this is my 2nd grow) i may flower the plants or the clones to determine sex. The unsexed will continue veg until the plant is 2.5 feet tall. Then flowered.
    I forgot to add males will be grown for pollen to freeze and use later.

Pics will be added as soon as the roots pop.

3. So here it is. I have my white widow that popped and were planted today. Also, my critical sensi star made the pop and was planted today. The white skunk seed seems to be swelling but no pop yet.

I planted them in a germ tray cup with foxfarm happy frog as the medium. No perlite for now.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427808776.374060.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427808826.926764.jpg

They are going back into the dark area with the paper towel over them to keep moisture.
    Like so
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427808937.468856.jpg

White skunk will be left alone to germinate in the paper towel.

I will update again when something pops.

4. Yea, u guys helped me with my 1st grow!!!!! Hope you decide to join me again.

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428060994.073828.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428061013.456969.jpg

That is the white widow.
    Critical sensi is still coming. I have only given them 2 caps of water 2 times since i potted them. I dug a little to check on the critical so i know she is looking good. Just in no rush to get to the light like white widow was.
    They are under a cfl like a 60watt equivalent i believe. Just while they are small when their stems get a little thicker they'll go up under the LED. But for now i figured the cfl and maybe an added t5 in a few days.
    This white widow is a quick one... I hope she (im hoping its a she) does not remain to grow this quick. This is my 1st time rooting in happy frog. Last time it was some cheap potting soil i found at the dollar store i think.
    But i got better growing situations now so i can do this how it shud b done.

Im excited...
    Ill post more wen i get my cs star to pop out for you guys...

Im still thinking of an avatar. Any ideas?

6. Okay! My star has popped and is a tiny lil cutie.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428179021.233224.jpg
    Thats white widow!!!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428179045.468769.jpg
    Thats critical sensi STAR!!!

They are now in 1gallon smart pots. With a mix of:
    3 parts perlite
    2 parts ocean forest
    5 parts happy frog

The happy frog and ocean forest both have perlite in them as well. This isnt over doing the aeration is it?
    They are still under the clf with a fan in there as well.
    I buried the stem a little on the white widow. It was stretched out. I had given them a little bit more tap water. Next feeding will b either distilled water or pHd tap water with no nutes. I put a light layer of ocean forest on top since i wont be feeding nutes until either i see the plants asking or until a month from now. I figured id provide some more of the good stuff.

Ill update when i get some leaves...

7. Well i had to move my plants... The outlet where i had them blew so i moved em to another one.
    I have them under their own 3500k cfls right now. The leaves folded up on me yesterday. I assumed it was heat or thirst so i raised light and fed ph'd tap water.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428494564.861535.jpg
    White widow

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428494601.912851.jpg
    Critical Sensi Star

Are they both looking okay?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428494713.539006.jpg
    Im not sure if u can tell or not but the critical sensi star has a little discoloration around the leaves... Should i be worried... Yesterday was their 1st ph'd water. Still no nutes. But the 4 cap fulls of water they had b4 was str8 tap water. Could that b the reason? I need help b4 this becomes an expensive fix. I have a vaca coming up. Aint trynna drop more $$ into it.

8. What is the ppm of tap water? Also I don't think you need to ph water for soil. Should adjust itself. Don't take my work on it but I phed at the beginning and never again. My tap water is 76ppm with no chlorine. Love living in a hippy area. Tap water tastes like bottled water but Humboldt may have to send water down to mid California. Sigh! Any who try that haha sorry for ranting.
    Yea I remember you were going to move. So did I to California. How are you and your girlfriend? Also where is your avatar?! Lol

Let's Smoke About It....
    -Adam Demamp

My Organic Grow Journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357687-Sade's-Solar-Adventures

9. I normally don't use nutes with FFOF or FFHF until flowering depending on length of time in veg of coarse. I normally transplant into a 5 Gal Smart Pot from a 2 Gal Smart Pot after 4 weeks give or take. I would defiantly recommend Dolomite Lime or Azomite to be mixed into the soil. CalMag Deficiency is common in FF soil.

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428603840.101448.jpg

Any diagnosis? I need help!

11. #17 FinerMarijuana, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    Don't do anything. Just stop and wait another day or two..

That seedling is too young for "nutes", and if you water it again now, you might force more upon it.
    With FFOF sometimes you have to wet it and let it sit for a couple weeks before you plant in it.
    Did you do that?
    If not, your soil could be a little "hot" for the seedlings, meaning the amendments Fox Farms used in that soil are not totally "ready" for the plants. 

Get the soil in your transplant pot ready. Mix it up and wet it down.
    Worst comes to worst, spend $10 and get some worm casting to top dress those plants with

PS* Seedsman White Widow is STRONG! Strongest weed I've grown and smoked of like 50 strains haha!
    Also one of the cheapest funny enough. I've harvested 5 of them. All grew like indicas, and the effects were HEAVY HEAVY couch lock, with no amber trichs(mostly cloudy). If you're looking for some strong sit you down weed, you got it haha!
    I'm buying some more this week(Seedsman White Widow)

Good luck this season

12. I am currently growing seedsman white widow as we speak in FFOF. I transplanted it from seedling starter MG about a week ago. I grow using 130+ watt CFLs inside a Secret Jardin DR Grow Tent with proper ventilation and air circulation. I also use Sunleaves Mexican & Jamaican Bat Guano for nutes instead of FF Trio. Seems like the plants enjoy it better.

13. Okay. I will leave it along and pop another free fem seed. Just in case. The white widow is a reg seed. I may drop another one of those too. As soon as i can pop a clone and sex it.

Check my current grow out
    Free seeds grow http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1363701-Free-seeds-grow

14. Nice man. I am using the same tent as well. You have the DR 60 or 90?