Free Fall Avalanche Grow - FFOF-CFL-HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by IMgreen, Aug 25, 2008.

1. lol

I do one good run in a tub and I am a hydro guy already?

sweet!

- just hoping that I will run soil better now that I have a few other methods under my belt

:rolleyes:

My previous soil grows started out OK and got better as the gardener figured stuff out but hydro provided an environment you can SEE what's what in real time - made me look at growing in a totally different perspective and that's always a plus!

Dirt you gotta keep in good shape with planned deliberate actions
    (read simply as DONT KEEP FEEDING SO DAMN MUCH)

2. well so much for THAT!

the other two sill not have sprouted

should have kept them in paper towels for another day or so like I always do and dropped them into the pellets when they HAD tap roots

germed 2 more just in case

3. one of them pulled through!

I put them both into a smashed up peat pellet in a really small tupperware and will move the one that sprouted into a 16oz cup in a few days once it opens up

[​IMG]

the cups have lavarock in the bottom (only because I dont have gravel - dunno if the same beneficial bacteria stuff would apply in soil, I would lean towards no it doesn't - but who knows?)

Attached Files:

4. Damn IMGREEN, Those are some lovely buds there. reminds me of my first inside grow under 400 watt HPS, just beautiful man, beautiful.

5. Cool strain your growing, I'm surprised your not doing it a hydro method. I figured you would use that Bio-Bucket in your link. Anyways I hope the ladies treat you well!

6. It looks to be pretty decent!

running white widow and white russian clones in the hydro rig and dont have room for anything new yet - so this is a back to soil grow

7. thanks Dro232008!

The flower room is even better, go take a look at the clone run in my sig

These will get there but it's gonna be a slow traveled road to flower this round

8. topped off the two seedlings with dirt this morning (they aint stretchy no more!)

moved the newly sprouted one to a cup too, but its tap root dont look so good, we'll see

9. the 2 real ones are moving right along but at a 20 watt CFL pace

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Looks nice man. don't give up on the runt.:hello:

11. #31 IMgreen, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
    it would have been better if I left her where she was for a few days

12. Hey after I saw your post on my thread, I thought I should check yours out. Very nice start there, I'll be watching to see how those turn out...

Peace

13. thanks!

this round is gonna be a slow grow under small cfl's for as long as I can get away with little lights

never grew this strain so I dunno how long that will be, am hoping for 6 weeks

got a bigger veg light running in flower with an hps and I want to keep that light down there as long as I can

some of the hydro plants are HUGE and can use all the light they can get

14. Nice man can't wait to see how these babies turn out.

15. I know why germing has been "off"

it gets too chilly in the veg chamber and the poor lil sprouts were suffering

added a 42 watt 2700k bulb for heat and swapped the CFL over these to a 25 watt

that one that had germed and started to sprout kicked the bucket so am back down to a manageable 4 potential plants

:)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Sorry for you loss.:(:D

17. no big thing it's just one or two seeds (so far) and it got cold here past few days

REALLY cold, feels like fall though, its nice!

18. That's AWSOME!!!!!! nice to know it's getting cold.lol:D

I can't wait to hit the slopes this year.:hello: I love winter, my weed comes out danker.lol

19. damn dude your gonna get some fatass, sticky, dense colas on those bitches. hope all turns swell, you can be assured i'm tuned in :smoking:

20. Looking forward to following this thread. Keep it up.