FREE Co2 Generator, I Think???

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mik3y, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Ok so I've been doing a little research on Co2 generatorscompared to Co2 tanks and honestly.

Tanks have a slight advantage when it comes to pest control, being able to increase the ppm of a grows infested with spider mites or anyother pests to a level of 10,000ppm for an hour or so will completely kill any pest or insect…

But a constant flow of a Co2 generator will almost have the same effect; Co2 should be kept at a level of 1,500ppm. If a constant even flow of Co2 is being forced through the plants, it will be a pest for the pests if you know what I mean.

But killing pests is not the onlything Co2 is good for, increasing yield and maintain healthy plants....

A Co2 generator will burn natural gas or propane and produce pure Co2, BUT>>> any form of burning natural gas or propane will produce “pure Co2”

SO THE REASON I POSTED…

If burning natural gas produces pure Co2, I think I have a method of killing 2 birds withone stone

For those of youwho rely on a gas powered generator to run your operation!!!

Trade in your old gas generator… For a new natural gas/propane burning generator

I already have a 10,000watt Natural gas/Propane burning generator

WHY BUY A Co2 GENERATOR

If burning natural gas/propane produces pure Co2, than theoretically all I need to do is re-route my generators exhaust pipe into the ventilation pipe of my grow room,

Using CO2 sequencers and controller that measures air density to maintain and monitor levels of Co2 being dispersed into my grow rooms ventilation system i can control the level of ppm going into my ventilation...

Co2 is only vital to plants during light cycles, well my propane generator will only run during light cycles so there would be no need for a sophisticated Co2 control system, Co2 would only be generated when my electrical generator is working, and if I monitor the ppm level this will be as effective as an expensive CO2 system... and in a way, its free...

Is my theory correct??

2. #2 GrownInMI, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    A meter to keep ppm right and a damper on a Y should be it. It seems simple enough. Damper it off when ppm is stable and vent it back where it once was. My generator is only backup for when I fall off grid. It sure sounds good. I had thought of this with my furnace but being only runs part of the year it didn't seem like worth the effort.
    My penny of thoughts.

3. Great, my operation is off the grid as it is, a generator is the only source of electricity i have, i was thinking of buying a propper Co2 system but that would cost thousands of dollars... plus the hassle of getting the equipment set up properly... not worth it

4. no one else has anything to say? seriously?

5. im still waiting for somone to knock me down and tell me im wrong before i try this, i wanna be 100% sure this will work... and i dont want to kill evrything ive worked so hard to keep alive and healthy...

6. isnt there other gases and shit in the exhaust that would be bad for you to breath. not sure how close to human contact it is but i would think you dont want to breath it in. obviously you dont really want to breath co2 but the plants absorb it, if theres other stuff they wont like it and would absorb it i would think. i dont know for sure, just throwing that out there

7. Co2 is poisonous to humans... if your using co2 in your grow room you better make sure your room is sealed 100% you don’t want the poisonous gasses seeping out into the rest of the house... as for other gasses in the exhaust... burning propane or natural gas makes "PURE Co2" so unless compression & combustion of the co2 in a cylinder changes its characteristics…

8. Or there mite be a chance that oil could possibly burn as well since the motor is mechanical... I really don’t know the physics of a propane burning engine...

9. some knowledgeable help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! anyone on this bored who has ever used propane generators!!!

or have any experience with Co2 Generators… please i need your help!!!

10. way freaking dangerous. You need to be very worried about carbon monoxide.

11. i know, but ive done alot of research... and so far all i can say is that burning propane or natural gas produces pure Co2*

12. i will be burning propane, but instead of being burned in an open flame, its compressed and combusted, does that make a diffrence to the pureity o the Co2?

13. I'm not sure. Just be careful and try not to die.
    Get a CO detector.

14. As a test try this. buy a CO detecter and place it near the outlet you plan on using. If the CO detector goes off then do not use it.

15. yeah carbon monoxide no good thats what i was trying to get at. and you cant smell it.

16. Ya fyrhazzrd that’s what im planning on, as soon as I find a CO detector ill run my generator in my garage with my door open a little, see what kind of ppm reading i get, from what ive read it shouldn’t be very high, but from there ill figure out how ill set it up if its even possible, i got my fingers crossed

17. They aren't hard to find. You can get them at walmart for less than twenty bucks. And you do understand when I said CO detector I was talking about Carbon monoxide right?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/First-Alert-Battery-Powered-Carbon-Monoxide-Detector-CO400/10099176

18. You could try Co2 bombing your plant like once a week...
    -Use a Dome, Clear bag, etc to cover your plant , and keep it fairly sealed.
    -fill the bag with Co2 Via fire extinguisher, Baking soda/vinegar concoction etc.
    - lets sit for one day (or how ever long you want)
    - Remove bag, and repeat about once a week.

I would be careful doing this while flowering to avoid mold problems from the humidity.

19. wouldnt both Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide set off a "co detector"... i still dont understand thou,

there are systems out there that produce Co2...
    you simply connect to a propane tank to the co2 generator, and all the Co2 generator is, is a propane burner, here ill post a link so you know what im talking about

C.A.P. Custom Automated Products: CO2 GENERATOR,NG, ELECTRONIC IGNITION, 15,675 to 25,080 BTU (now w/ 8 Burners) [GEN-2eNG] - Environmental Controllers - Environmental Control - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture