Free Birth Control for All!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Oh right, in my early twenties me and boyfriend just aren't going to have sex. And we don't ever plan to have kids, so we'll just never ever have sex until I reach menopause and can no longer get pregnant. We'll both just masturbate infront of eachother for the rest of our lives because even when practicing safe sex with condoms, it still doesn't always prevent pregnancy :rolleyes:. People have sex. Obviously nobody is forced too. But once again, GET REAL!

2. #102 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If people are working under the table, they aren't to be considered employed because they obviously aren't in a stable job. lol

3. #103 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
  4. So you completely ignored what I provided and didn't provide an actual response to my statement.

47 % of American households don't pay federal income tax. How can these statistical numbers for unemployment be created via Social Security and paid income tax. If 47 % of households don't participate in that?

I'm not here to defend my personal beliefs. I will like I said protest this, and get in contact with my representatives as soon as possible. I will not pay for people shrugging off responsibility.

I'm out.

5. #105 noviceGrower420, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    I dont care if you have sex and your condom broke or other garbage you have to say about your sex life. I just dont want to pay for your abortion or birth control. Me and my partner, my wife, take care of our own birth control options. We had our son, and now shes back on birth control, paid for by be, so we can focus on our one child for now. I did this all with no government intervention! shocking isnt it?

6. Government likes to fudge the numbers by saying that the person stopped looking for a job, so their for no longer unemployed since they dont want to work anyway. I mean, with how much money you can string out from the government, what incentive progressives have to work? So as soon as they are deemed , " not looking for work" BOOM we get a huge cut in our unemployment with out actually hiring any new workers!!!! Progressives!

7. There should be centers for free condoms, birth control pills, diaphragms, IUD"s, vasectomies, tube tying, and abortions in every poor neighborhood. It would save the taxpayers much more than we currently spend on welfare, food stamps, daycare, medical coverage, homeless shelters, prisons, etc., for the unwanted offspring of people who cannot afford to be parents, or those who are not fit, for any and all reasons, for the demands of parenthood.

8. #108 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
    How do 47% get out of taxes? Teach me how! lol

If that's true than either the 9% is incredibly underrated or I must've been mislead about how the rating works at some point in my education.

9. The example I gave was simple in order to show how b.c can be prohibitively expensive. What seems to be closer to reality for most low-income women is that b.c would represent a moderate cost. In a tight-budget scenario you're going to shy away from purchases that don't strike you as absolutely necessary. Do I think b.c should be understood as absolutely necessary for sexually active women that aren't looking for a child? Hell yes, but the reality is that a good number don't recognize the imperative of b.c in these circumstances (sex education plays a big role here) and as a result, children will be born to mothers that do not have the funds to care for them. Since I am vehemently opposed to children suffering due to their parents not having enough money I support my tax dollars going to them in the form of public assistance.

However, as you have observed, this situation definitely represents a drain on government coffers and maintains a tax burden on US citizens. Increasing the ease at which low-income individuals can access b.c is therefore a great measure to take in order to decrease the intensity of this burden and improve the lives of these women.

Do I think it's necessary to offer this to all women and not simply low-income women? I honestly do not have a firm opinion one way or the other. My main desire is to see increased b.c access to low-income individuals (the most at-risk population), a move I believe will reduce the burden of social programs on the taxpayer in the long run.

10. #110 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
    IMHO if welfare wasn't such a sorry patchwork of poor compromise it would work. The problem is, without bipartisanship it's hard to work in ways to keep people working because those parts of the program are what keeps getting cut. It just happened again in Oregon. We're lucky to have something to call welfare at all with our politics.

11. That is commendable that you guys are responsible enough to take the correct preventable measures and I do applaud you for that, because many married couples do not bother to do so. But you guys are also lucky enough to have the money to pay for this. My point is, why should people who can't afford birth control have to deal with the unfortunate things that are out of their control such as a condoms breaking, just because they can't afford anything more? I suppose your answer is they just shouldn't risk having sex. I can just picture some young girl telling her boyfriend, "no baby, we can't have sex, the condom might break and I can't afford the pill, so go ahead and pull your pants back up sweetie."

I guess there's no point in arguing about this, you don't want the government telling you what to pay for. I get it. But I have a feeling you'd think a little differently if you were a woman. The only thing we can do is to agree to disagree :smoke:

12. #112 noviceGrower420, Aug 2, 2011
    To me it just seems like an e^X problem. We have our first black president, but at the same time more blacks on welfare then ever before(and whites for that matter). The worlds population is supposed to double by like 2060-2070. How many of those people are going to be in our country? How many are going to be on welfare?? e^x. As we are FUCKING BROKE now, some estimates of real debt being 211 trillion dollars! How many illegals, progressive programs, wars, and bad government spending can we pile on our foundation before it implodes?

13. Smoke on fellow blade :smoke:

14. i think this is actually a good use of federal dollars....if it was federal dollars, IE taxes ALREADY collected. it won't be, it will be policy holders that will foot the bill, so another tax that isn't a tax....that being said less people = less welfare.

15. Welcome to statistical math, and also welcome to the knowledge of understanding that that the government knows fucking nothing. They have no idea how many people are unemployed,homeless,paying taxes.

It's sad that you have just now realized this.

As for this birth control bullshit, my question is this.

How many times am I going to have to pay for the same lady to go into and get free birth control?
    This systems creation is abuse of the American taxpayer.

I don't go to work to pay for someone to use birth control.

16. #116 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
    No, more jobs+incentives to be and stay employed=less welfare. You could have a population of only a hundred people, but if there's only one job the unemployment rate and number of people trying to get on welfare is still 99%

17. #117 Verdurous, Aug 2, 2011
    It's sad the taxes you and your parents paid over the years that went to my education were wasted. My school couldn't buy textbooks written within the last 15 years due to budget cuts.

18. #118 SouthrnSmoke, Aug 2, 2011
    I understand your opinion, and if i have to pay taxes, I would rather they helped needy people the way this kind of legislation claims to intend to do. Unfortunately i don't get that choice.

I share all your sentiments on the benefits of access to these tools, but i think the appropriate measure would be to increase the womans ability to access these tools themselves, rather than rely on everyone else to pick up that tab for them.

Drug patents and licensing are a large contributing factor, but ill leave that for a diff discussion.

Birth control is not where it stops either

The cost of preventing unplanned pregnancies may outweigh the cost of the birth control( i can't say either way i don't have the proper information), but it also has to outweigh the cost of everything above.

Of course there are burdens on society all these preventative measures attempt to make up cost on as well, but once it starts getting this involved i can't help but think that they are going the wrong direction and making things complicated, when they could be better serve simplifying.

19. I think the ladies should really start taking this advise.

20. Thats good, now I can fuck all my bitches in peace. Always tryin to get me to buy them pills and shit the next day :rolleyes:

But shit by the way youngins be acting these days we wont need birth control anymore, every little girl wants to be a 15 and pregnant now.