Free Birth Control for All!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Aug 1, 2011.

1. So who is going to pay for all this "free birth control"?

2. #62 Oblivion420, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Who do you think? :(

3. And what your linked study shows is that availability of Emergency Birth Control does not necessarily lead to reduce population-level pregnancy rates. Maybe it has something to do with the extreme cost of Plan B and the like? Maybe availability in pharmacies does not necessarily translate to a legitimate availability of access for the populations that are at greatest risk, hmm?

Again, you're simplifying.

What if that "dbag" is the father of your child? What if he supports you financially while you raise your child? What if your entire family would ostracize you as a slut and a ho if you were to end your relationship with the father, becoming just another teenage girl that got knocked up instead of a respectable mother raising a family?

4. Has it ever gone well when they get involved?

5. Awww shucks, I didn't realize! Personal Responsibility! Of course! It's so retardedly simple, why didn't I realize it before?! Contact the press! We need to broadcast this message of personal responsibility! Once these poor bastards hear that it's not ideal to live in borderline-destitution they'll start climbing up that ladder of socioeconomic success! Hell, I'm sure all structural inequality and racism will dry up too!What a concept! You are so smart! :)

6. #66 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    No??? It should always be accompanied with some kind of educational medium too. Birth control isn't all in the device...

7. thats better then go fuck yourself.

Yeah, i understand in your world self responsibility doesnt exist. You just plow ahead with MOREEEEEEE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!

8. I'm sorry but this is an absolutely ridiculous statement, you need to step out of la-la land for a minute. The fact is we don't live in a perfect world where kids will wait until they are 18 to have sex or who will shell out the money for bc pills. Truthfully there is no amount of education or parenting that will change these kids' minds. Kids will be irresponsible, and kids will continue to have sex without condoms because stupid 16 and 17 year old boys say it "doesn't feel as good" and as a result they will likely just use the pull out method, which IS NOT an acceptable prevention method (they think "hey, it's free and still feels good"). We have to realize that KIDS WILL BE KIDS. The best method is to educate them (other than just teaching abstinence) and PREVENTION, because horny irresponsible kids are not going to stop being horny and irresponsible. To think otherwise is simply not dealing with reality.

Take it from somebody who has experienced the pressure from boyfriends to have unprotected sex. It's not that easy to say no in the heat of the moment as a young, stupid, and under some circumstances drunk girl. Free birth control would be a god-send for this country.

9. I don't get why you are defending this. I feel like you are underage and don't have a job or pay taxes. Or you are actually on welfare, or maybe you use birth control. I refuse to pay more taxes because some girl and some guy can't not use a condom, or wait... not have sex lol?

Once again I will state. This is bullshit for people who do not want to take responsibility. Oh my what a big word, responsibility. I have to pay out of my pocket because other people cannot properly make decisions? I'd rather pay to send them to some sort of mental rehabilitation so they can learn what the phrase pull out means.

10. You don't?

11. #71 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    I don't entirely disagree, but basically asking how birth control is birth control just seems a bit odd to me. Something I think someone underage would have to ask, actually, if you're going to go there...

12. #72 Wild Thing, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011

You are aware that even people who are responsible and use condoms often end up pregnant, right? Ever had a condom rip on you? I've sure had this happen to me enough times for me to say no to condoms, and yes to birth control pills. Luckily I come form a family who supports birth control and was even willing to cover the costs for me. Many women don't have that, and don't have the money to pay for them on their own.

13. This thread really separates the men from the, ehrm, boys.

14. #74 noviceGrower420, Aug 1, 2011

Lmao im sorry but its the same shit over and over again.

Teens are going to drink alcohol, no matter what anyone tries to do. They will drink alcohol, get behind the wheel, and kill someone whether we try and stop it or not. We need to lower the drinking age to 16, and then have tax dollar paid cab rides for every under age drinking. so then we wont have a illegal teen drinking problem. Oh you dont think thats right???? Well, trust me, i have experience with alcohol. If you think you can get kids to stop , come back from la la land. what? You think the parent has responsibility to help that kid stop drinking? YOU MUST BE DREAMING!

15. Oh you ARE wild thing!:p

I have a fiance and a son, fiance is the mother of the son. Obviously, i know where kids come from. If you continue after the condom breaks and you get aids or pregnant, THATS YOUR FAULT. That is what is called "personal responsibility".

16. The urge to drink and the natural sexual urges of raging hormonal teens are two very different things. One is not necessary, the other is a natural part of life. Everybody has sex (even if it's with themselves!)

PLUS, on the topic of underage drinking/driving, they are risking injuring people other than themselves who had no say in their irresponsible actions. Sex is (most of the time) a mutual agreement, and once again, most of the time does not have deathly consequences. Apples and oranges here.

17. #77 noviceGrower420, Aug 1, 2011

Ouch, so your saying its an insult to be fat???:D i also backhanded him/her with the "like a child" . its a good way to get one in but still act like you didnt .

18. So teen sex is necessary? Do you even read what you are saying? So , its the parents job to teach their children about alcohol , but the governments job to teach them about sex? :wave:

19. #79 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    That's how it works in schools nowadays.

20. Yes condoms rip, understandable. You can still prevent it, without me having to pay for that shit. I refuse to believe that many women in the United States cannot afford birth control. Last time I checked around 29 thousand out of more than 300 million are unemployed. That leaves a rather large gap of people who have money, and they can not buy coke(as in coca cola) for a few days and get some birth control.

This all goes back to our government's expansion via tax. Some bullshit is going on right now, and I do not agree with it.