Fred Meyer drug testing

Discussion in 'General' started by Slushy, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Do any of you blades know if Fred Meyer drug tests? I have an interview next week and need to know if I should start detoxing now.

2. You might as well, even if they don't drug test, you get a nice t-break.

3. a simple google search showed me that yes, they do.

4. It might be different at other locations. I know a guy that got drug tested at one place and another guy who applied for the same job didn't get tested.

Bitches probably won't test an Eagle Scout haha.

5. I've smoked 2-6 bowls a day for the last 8 years. I am a male, 6' and 245 lbs. I recently applied for a job at Fred Meyer and for the first time had to take a swab test. Every job I’ve had before this one that did any kind of pre-employment screening was through urine testing (take in synthetic pee like Quick Fix Plus or actual human powdered pee like TestClear with you, easiest way hands down). I used Quick Fix Plus for 3 different tests for Rite Aid from 2006-20014 and my girlfriend just used Quick Fix Plus to pass her test for Salon Centric (an L’Oreal Company) in 2015. Here we are in 2016 and the invasion of privacy is stronger than ever. After more research I've learned that more and more companies are moving to the swab or spit test over urine tests because of 3 main factors:

- cost is far less than that of urine tests, even when sent out to a lab for results.

- can be administered on the spot.

- can give instant results.

That’s the bad news concerning swab or spit tests. The good news is that as pre-employment test, it is by and large the friendliest test for lovers of Cannabis to pass, especially with any advanced notice. Unlike urine tests which test for THC-COOH, saliva tests look for THC. As far as the instant result tests go, THC will show in saliva samples for up to 12 hours after your last toke. If whomever is testing you sends your sample in for a lab test, THC can show in saliva samples for up to 2-3 days after your last toke. That means if you know ahead of time that you will be swabbed, you only have to take a 4 day smoke vacation at the most. It sucks, I know. However; 4 days and THC is out of your spit, sweet deal. If you just can't wait there are detox mouthwash products that claim to neutralize your saliva for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. The idea is that any sample taken within this “safe” time frame will produce a negative on the test. I knew ahead of time but was told it was an instant result test. With this info I gave myself a 16.5 hour window. On top of that I bought and used two 2 oz Stinger Detox Mouthwash finishing the last bottle as I walked into the building. According to the info provided, I had a 30 minute window of 'clean' saliva. I gave a sample 20 minutes later and was surprised to see that it would be sent to a lab. I had been misinformed as to the fact that it is NOT an instant result test. I am very happy I decided to use the mouthwash but I have no idea if it is actually going to work. Some reviews of the mouthwash claim that the person smoked or vaped the day of or even on the way to give a sample and passed with Stinger Detox Mouthwash. Now anyone that wants to know knows, Fred Meyer does swab test and they do send it out to a lab called Alere in Kentucky and the swab used was the Quantisal™ oral fluid collection device. I will post an update as soon as I hear anything else.

6. OK so what are you asking this question for in that case?

7. Fred Meyer %100 does take a drug test when they offer you the job. Usually the second interview. It will be a mouth swab, never pee test unless you claim an injury on the job. I dab 5-6x per day, I dabbed 4hrs before taking the mouth swab. I didn't do ANYTHING different, I brushed my teeth and drank some juice.
    I passed the test.
    Pretty sure this test is meant to weed out heavy, hard drug users. Or ppl that are actually high in the interview. I wouldn't worry about passing