Freaking Rust Spots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Newhydrogrower, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Hello GC. HERE'S MY SET UP
    400watt air colled reflector 24in from tops
    434 cfm exhaust
    176cfm inline duct fan attached to ducting clearing air through my reflector
    One fan circulating inside tent air
    3.5 gal bubble bucket
    2 air pumps 3 watts apiece
    2 air stones
    No nutes yet
    Temps lights on low 80's (82ish)
    Temps lights off 76 on the button
    Humidity 76 lights out
    Humidity 40's lights on
    I know my 78rh is because I have my bucket sitting in a tray of water that I put frozen bottles in to keep my bucket temp 68-72. If I don't have this other tray my bucket temp gets to like 77 and I know 68 is optimal. Best I can do for now. Any advice on how to cool a single bucket?
    First let me tell you this plant is almost 2 months old should be about to flower but I had so many problems with her she looks like 2 weeks about 4 sets of leaves. I know I know I'm going to kill her soon I have a afghan kush fem germing now but I want to make sure my environment is right.
    My question is I have these rust spots taking over what little leaves I have. I tried to take a pic but you can't see them in it. This is killing me I need this fixed fast. This afghan is going in the bucket in the next few days. I also take them (sprouts) out the prop tray and in the bucket soon as they sprout. I have them on a 18/6 cycle. Is this spider mites o my ph is 5.8 +-.2. Google is confusing the shit out of me. Please help GC.

2. Hi there! Please give us some information! Thanks
    \nWhat type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone. 

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. It's all in the original post. Thanx

4. Not all or I would not have posted that.

Good luck!

5. I do have to say that I am not sure that the rapid change and fluctuation in root zone temps are that healthy. As long as the temps in the reservoir are under 75 they would be good. Works good for me, I don't run chillers.

6. Check this information out if you have time. It covers everything you need to know about growing DWC and soil-less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjpODhTfyRs

7. Will do thanks. How can I control the res temp better.

8. What does it naturally stabilize at?!?

9. You have gotta have nutes though. She has nothing to eat in the hydro bucket.

10. I have AN 3 part I was waiting on the 3rd node. Probably remove her in a day or so to put in my afghan kush. Just wanted to figure out these rust spots

11. I would feed at 1/4 what the bottle says, about 200ppm. Sounds like she is starving a bit....

12. What type of water are you using?

If RO, you need a cal-mag supplement.

13. Are the rust spots an indication she's ready for food?

14. I'm using tap in one gallon bottles without the cap for days at least three before I add it to my buckets.

15. Do you have a ppm and ph pen?

16. Rust spots could greatly be Ca def.

17. No ppm but I do have a ph meter. So I need some cal/mag?

18. The most important factors are the quality of your water, the concentration of your solution and you ph for nutrient availability.