Freakbro's Pest and Plant pit stop

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Freakbro1, May 5, 2010.

1. Thanks, I don't know. Hopefully they won't get this far over, and if they do I'll accept it as karma I think :) (and fire up the BBQ and look for recipes...)

2. Hey y'all...

So I did the H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide thing with my plant last week.
    1/4 - 1/3 tablespoon/gal of water.

I am proud to say, my plant is a trooper and has taken well to this.
    She is clearing up slowly, and will pull thru.
    I have no idea how it happened, but it did.

Take care y'all.

:cool:

3. What's the purpose of ''the hydrogen peroxide thing"?

4. My Dutch Treat girl had a bout of minor root rot.

:smoke:

5. Ah, right. I should have been paying closer attention. :smoke:

6. So, how are ya, GC ???

Im good, the girls are good, the biz is doin good.
    Its mostly good.

Ive had a couple of PMs asking about getting rid of larger pests of weed.
    This section of the tutorial will not be anything that can be taught in a classroom
    or at a boring lecture.

It comes from a knowledge of animals and how they think, and your own creative
    minds on how to get rid of these varmints.

I'll tell you my methods - y'all can just wing it from there.

I just ask one thing of you. If at all possible, dont harm the critters. We must remember that they have their place also in the grand scheme of things. If u make traps or snares, make them so they wont harm the animals. U must keep checking on them too.

Use repellants instead of poisons. Remember, the bad shit will eventually leach into the soil in the area and make the environment toxic.

Varmints, comin up...

:smoking:

7. Ahhh...Wharfrat74back: u make me laugh dude !!! LOL.
    Anywayyyyyyyyyyys,..

How y'all doin ??? Im back. Sorry for my lateness on Varmints. Wicked work week again, ya know.

VARMINTS or CRITTERS

DEER

Deer are so curious that even electrictric fences wont stop them over time !!! Deer will eat stems, leaves, flowers and branches. Damaged areas are usually large, including complete topping of the main cola from the stem :eek:. There are kinder ways to keep deer away from your grow. U need to get a hold of some Deer predator Urine from a hunting shop. Find out which urine works best with deer to keep them away without attracting other plant-eating animals. Simply spray the urine on your patch and this will keep the deer away. This method has a very high success rate at keeping deer away from ya weed.

Humans are also one of deers predators. They are very afraid of us and know our smell. U can use your own piss too. U will also be adding (N) to the surrounding soil. Make concentric circles around your grow. Dont piss on the plants.

Be free, let it all hang out, brothas n sistas !!! Youre way out in the bush anyways. Hopefully, nobody sees u. If they do, forget about being embarassed. Im afraid u have a larger problem than just a "lewd behavior" charge. lol.

Hope this helps
    Good growin y'all
    Freakbro1

8. Thankfully they also taste pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing. :D

That's the sad truth.:(
    Started working on my grow, gonna call it "Smokey's 'Au Naturel' All-Natural Organic Grow". Sure hope I don't have to eat any grasshoppers...

Sure does, thanks Brother Freaky :smoke:

9. Hey, how ya doin man ???

Ya, I might come across as a naturalist, and to some extent, a tree-hugger too.
    But I sure love my hunks a' meat !!! I guess Im also somewhat of a hippocrit.

Freak

10. I had deer and slugs in my garden this morning :(..lol the deer was munching on everything but my grass.. we got a deal ;) ..NOT !!!!I chase em off, but they like to come back.. so I try to give em stuff they like better on the other side of the place, and stuff they do not like around my garden( lavender, garlic, etc) .. I also pee while working outdoors a lot. It helps.

but the slugs... yup I thought about it, aaaaannd..... I hate em.

bought a new kind of Sluggo ( you know the stuff that uses Iron Phosphate to kill gastropods, and leaves pets alive :) ) that also kills off earwigs and sow bugs using a product called Spinosad. looks handy..will report back later on results

1.plant entire
    2 leaf with most damage
    3. new product label
    4 new product (wash hands after using any pesticide or fungicide..you know what, just wash after coming in contact with any "cide")

Wharf

Attached Files:

11. Hey bro.

That stuff looks and sounds great. Im kinda leary about puttin down salt all the time to get rid of my slugs. After a while, the salt is gonna build up in the soil and give my girls one helluva nute lockout - one day.

U should see the slugs I have up here in the ancient BC rainforests to deal with...
    Honest to God, some of them get to be 6 or 7 inches long, and whats more, they all are brown with spots and ugly. They kinda look like Mr Hanky naked. lol.
    Im gonna try and find this stuff man.
    PS. Thanx for the rep - glad this is appreciated.

Freak

12. Hi GC.
    A cupla more Varmints for ya...

GROUNDHOGS

Groundhogs are a burrowing colonial rodent of the genus Marmota. They eat the shoots and leaves of weed. Dry Chlorine helps keep groundhogs away from your grow. If u find any groundhog holes near your grow area, apply the dry chlorine around and down the hole. They also dont like our piss.

RABBITS

Rabbits are burrowing, plant-eating machines. They are mammals of the Leporidae family. They are recognized by their long ears and short, fluffy tails. Rabbits are voracious eaters and can reduce your weed to nothing in a cupla days. They will continue to feed from the same patch until theyre done, or the patch is destroyed. The best way to keep rabbits from your grow is once again, predator urine, or your own. Rabbits also shy away from Dogs and Cats.

WOODCHUKS and other small rodents

Woodchuks will nibble weeds stems and collapse the plant. The way to solve this is by either using predator urine, your own, or building a very small mesh fence around the base of your plants. This will keep the woodchuks from eating your weed. Use more than one layer of mesh and make sure u keep it tight. Planting Marigolds near your grow will also help keep the woodchuks away.

Thats it for tonite, more to come. Have a good, safe Saturday nite !!!:hello:
    Hope this helps
    Good growin y'all
    Freakbro1

13. #93 Freakbro1, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    As u all can tell, I love anything dealing with "The Freak Brothers".
    I am also a collector of these freaks and its one of my hobbies.
    I deal alot with ebay and various sites over the net. I have the full
    comic run which is in near-mint condition. Bagged, boarded, graded,
    the whole nine yards.

U see that neat mini poster at the bottom of my sig ???
    It reads "the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" - "Grassroots".

To me, this poster or an original cell would be the holy grail of my Freak collection.
    It is very rare, but its out there. All u stoners out there keep your eyes open on
    this for me please. There will be a finders fee of alotta rep. And ???

14. So, what y'all think of my new makeover ?
    Is it me ???
    LOL

:cool:

15. Oh, I hug trees, but they don't taste good like meat...

That's some scary shit. The area I'll be growing is surrounded by forest, so I dread to think what will slither out of that...

I've heard of the FFF's from my older brethen, but sadly never read any of their "graphic novels" (s******), err, comix.

To quote the Aadams Family theme,
    "It's creepy and it's kooky,
    Mysterious and spooky,
    It's all together ooky,"

:cool::smoking:

16. Oh, apparently I can't s n i g g e r, so I'll 'snicker' instead...

17. I'll take that as a big ol "HELL YEAH" !!!

:smoking:

18. I believe i have both spider mites and fungus knats. not sure what to do i heard something about neem oil. Where would i buy the cures for both these bastards?

19. If youre not in flower mode, get a product called Natria.
    Follow the directions exactly. U should be able to get it
    at any decent grow shop or Nursery or Horticulture sections
    in WalMart (sometimes), Home depot, Lowes.

Its good stuff, and if the infestations arent too advanced,
    it just might kill 2 bugz with one stoner (u know what I mean) lol.

Freak