Freakbro's Pest and Plant pit stop

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Freakbro1, May 5, 2010.

1. I just googled Hypoaspis and they look almost identical to what was in my tent. I killed them all from what I can tell. Thanks for your help. I bought in a habanero plant into my tent and they where on that.

2. Might want to get confirmation because I am no expert, but you shouldn't be killing them. If they're on the habanero plants it's most likely because they have some source of food(fungus gnat larvae other parasitic larvae). Next time you see them put them in a container and start breeding them, people sell those puppies for pest control. Again only if they are Hypoaspis, can't really tell with that clarity.

3. Cheers ill keep and eye out for them

4. cheers bud!

5. I fucking hate spidermites. Just released another ~1500 on top of the ~1500 ladybugs along with green lacewing larvae in attempt to combat these fuckers. Should've got some predatory mites

6. They are back.....its like killing them quadrupled their numbers. Literally all over my habanero. Try and get some better photos today

7. Thousands of them

Attached Files:

8. I really hope they arent aphids

9. If they're are no other pests around than they are most likely not good because that means they're somehow getting energy from your somewhere else aka your plant. I would definitely keep it away from your mj plants if so. Get yourself some lady bugs, neem and soap and throw them in your grow area so that they will eat up whatever are around. If i were you id do a couple google searches to try and find out what bugs are in that area that look like that, or hope that someone more knowledgeable than me on pests can help ya out.  Otherwise pin it and find the perfect predator and/or neem/soap/habanero. 

10. Thanks mate im gonna take the habanero out of my tent

11. #3111 dildocannon, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    I took the chillies out. Accidently knocked over my habanero....dirt everywhere haha, I scooped all the dirt back and repotted. I sprayed them all with water and dish soap and then put a plastic bag over the top of each pot. I was going to leave them outside but abit concerned about the cold nights killing them so im hoping the plastic bags keep the aphids that survive in.

12. Plus they seem to really love the Chillies. I havent seen a single on on my bud. Im going to monitor everyday and will update.

13. Would definitely keep an eye on your MJ plants since you spilled the dirt, aphids can reproduce asexually just like spider mites. Meaning all it takes is one to start an army, which is why I suggest throwing someother watchful eyes in there for what you may miss. It's really unfortunate that all the detrimental bugs seem to reproduce asexually, but they serve more of a purpose naturally in making plant nutrients available to further generations. However if you keep your plants healthy and the aphid populations down you should be fine. I lost one plant to mites this round and it's looking like I'll lose another and it's the worst so keep an eye on your babes bud and happy growing! Ahahah

14. #3114 SubliminalWeeney, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    Btw How far along are you?

15. 6 weeks this saturday

Attached Files:

16. yea your fucking solid, scratch the neem part I've heard that can cause some nasty tasting/smelling buds that late in flower. You'd have to really neglect those things in order for any kind of pest to takeover in time to spoil your harvest ahahah looking hella healthy! What strain and When's harvest time if you kind me asking? Ahaha

17. Thanks dude. Female seeds C'99, grown under LED. I wouldnt have a clue when harvest is...this is my 1st grow. I think they are advertised to be a 8 week flower.

18. You don't have something to check trichs? I've been debating on going LED. Do you have a mars LED or something more pricey? Ahahah do your nugs actually look nice and tight?