Freakbro's Pest and Plant pit stop

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Freakbro1, May 5, 2010.

1. having problem with aphids and ants again in my pots :( the min the weather got warm they attacked anyy suggestions

2. #3082 Skunky Monkey, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    There are some natural insecticide stickies in this section i think. 

So i think i've got the problem resolved with my pineapple chunk, it was very droopy and started developing burning towards the lower growth. I'm pretty sure it was probably over watering, however the burning is still persisting towards the lower growth and at the tips of all the leaves, i'm thinking the soil might be to rich, its basically multi purpose compost at the moment and there growing pretty slow, i'll be using a perlite canna mix, had some bad timing with this grow planted right before i went on holiday, friend over watered them, couldn't get good enough soil in time but have had success with multi compost before.

it's just the burning to the tips and the whole slightly unhealthy look still, the pH is pretty alcholine about 7 once i've let them dry out i might try flushing but anyone got any idea's from the pics, you can see the the crisping of the lower 3 bladed leaves and the slight burn tips, it recovered after i transplanted and stopped watering so i'm pretty sure it's a root development problem. 

The soils pretty barky to which makes me think there possibly not forming properly?

Attached Files:

3. Two words: powdery mildew!!!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

The dark spots on the inside of the new growth on top at the stem make me think that there is/ was some lockout going on. If your soil is at 7 you need to get ph in check, then u can rule out other issues. Iron deficiency comes to mind with way it looks but I could be wrong. Even still if the soil is rich in nutrients then the ph being at 7 is going to complicate things. That's definitely the first step.

5. At a glance I'm thinking calcium deficiency, check Ph and humidity and then supplement with cal mag.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thank you for this thread, really helped

7. homemade natural remedys?

8. #3088 hellno187, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    OK here's my question, what would cause little white dots to appear on a couple leaves? I posted this here because if I Google this I get tons of hits about spider mites. I have however used my 30x magnifying glass I use to inspect Trichomes to look at the underside of the effected leaves and I see no sign of mites. Is this a bug problem or something else? If it is indeed spider mites how do I get rid of them without insecticides? Does Dr Bonners soap work?

9. It's been a while but thrips like to suck the sap out of the leaves leaving white marks on the tops. You need to inspect the soil and the undersides of the leaves. Use clean fine grain sand on the top layer if your using soil to prevent the larva from escaping the soil.

If you find that you have mites try tying a stake to the tallest cola and leave 4-5 inches higher then the plant, I've heard they like to climb to the top and you can vacuum them off with out vacuuming your cola.

10. Well I've looked through like the first 50 pages of here, and countless other threads. And i still can't make a decision. I'm close to sayin fack it and call em springtails. I did over water my plants for a few days and that's right when they magically appeared by the minute boatload. They are extremely tiny, white. And they are slightly pear shaped I guess. I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple fly around. Or I was trippin. But i do fins a few here and there on the leaves. Here's the best pic I could take. Any advice would be nice

Attached Files:

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425334707.732668.jpg
    Excellent Information.
    I'm trying identify this insect and neutralize. I have used neem oil, aza max, and insect dust. Still can't shake em. Please advise and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Can anybody identify this bugger? ive looked throughout the pest posts but cant pin it. Only have seen one thus far, but he was chilling in the lower canopy of my leaves whoich concerns me as ive had yellow spots showing up on a lot of leaves that could very likely be due to the fuckers sucking on them.

Attached Files:

13. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My plants leaves were looking sick i wanted to write but as i looked closer i saw spider mites!

i thougt the reason was fertilizers and as u can see on the pics there are fuckin spidermites
    they are really small 
    took the pictures with 20x lupe they are about 0.3 - 0.4mm

i might also been giving a bit much of fertilizers.
    some chemical 3-8-4 on flowering and Overdrive

please help what the hell i can do before they get everywhere

Attached Files:

14. Ive been infected with the little spider mite fuckers any suggestions!??

15. I use this stuff called AzaMax. Works for me and inexpensive AND 100% vegetable based....

16. Spider mites?

Attached Files:

17. Help! I just found these little fuckers inside my tent. They where judt sitting ontop of thr leaves of my habanero plant...which is right next to my weed. I squished all that I could find.

Attached Files:

18. Has anyone used both a mix of predatory mites and lady bugs? Will the two coexist and join up against the spider mites or will the ladybugs simply just eat every small insect in sight?

19. what does the top of your leaves look like any noticeable white spots? Spider mites should be barely visible to the naked eye. Check the leaves around the infected one. Should be able to spot one of those fuckers.

20. #3100 SubliminalWeeney, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    I've been looking for organic means of control, and studying pest predators. I could be wrong, but those almost look like Hypoaspis which are a predator for fungus gnats. If I'm correct people buy those things to benefit they're garden.

Either that or some sort of white aphid. Kind of hard to tell with the pictures.