Freak storm!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by greenthumbber, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Ok so its basically summer time where i live. Ive got some plants abrewing outside and inside, as i figure its safe temps from now on.
    I get out of class to find the nice weather from this morning replaced with rain. Tons of it! i knew it wouldnt be good for the outdoors, and i wasnt looking foreward to walking almost 2 miles in the rain. everywhere i walked, the street was flooded with unnaturally frigid waters. And HAIL!! Like almost cherry sized hail! the woodsy path i walk was entirely flooded and rushed in the opposite direction than me. i lost feeling in my feet and gained 20 lbs of ice and water by the time i got home.
    When i checked on my outdoor, they were buryed in what looked like snow. i gently scooped the stuff away to find my youngsters battered, but still able to stand. who knows if theyl recover or even survive the freezing water. so i take solace in my indoor setup as i go inside and dry off. but when i go down to the basment and into the grow spot, expecting to find my nice tidy dry spot, i find that the walls have sprung leaks!! that icy water is just short of gushing out of several spots along my concrete wall, where there arent really even cracks! Blew my fuckin mind, man. i was lucky, cuz i got there just before the puddles reached any of my electrical stuff or wooden seedling spot, and i was able to dry it up and place towels to catch the water.
    And now its nice and sunny again, 2 and a half hours later. that just really caught me by surprise. im not out that much, cuz those outdoors were stunted to begin with and i wasnt much invested in them, but from now on i will be keeping my electrical off the floor. and i will have to seal the spots that leak.
    i suppose its best that it happened now, just before i was about to paint and put up the 4th wall. i wouldnt want to have my work get messed up and do it over again.

2. same weather for me today too, hail and all! just east of the rockies...

3. strange... im in the northeast. turns out it was some weird flux or something coming off the atlantic, which it does not normally do.

4. yea same shit happened to me today. Started raining really hard and started to get nervous. Once I saw one drop of hail I ran to my spot to cover my plants with a golf umbrella. Hail was marble sized but luckily the umbrella stoped the falling ice from slicing my plants apart.

Really need the rain to stop so I can add my compost tea to the soil without it getting flushed away.