Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Freak out?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GauGed, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Last night I was toking up. Everything was going normal when bam... outta now where my heart started pounding. I got sweaty and starting shaking. Thing is that I smoke regularly so it's not like I wasn't use to the effects.

This has happened to me about three times in the past ten years. I love smoking and definitely don't want to stop just because of this. Its just weird that it happens at random.

So basically why I started a thread is to see if others have had this same experience and how do you guys deal with it? It lasts about 30 mins then I smooth out into my normal high... its like a panic attack I guess? But I'm not paranoid at all about smoking.. and I'm not thinking that I'm gonna freak out while toking?? Anyway... experiences? Suggestions? Advice?

2. ...sounds like your lungs got ahold of some good bud ;)

3. Yeah tha happens to me if I take a lot of smoke really fast , like 3 bong rips in a row and then it hits me. What happens is I'll freak for like 5 minutes and then I'll somehow forget about. I'm kinda used to it now but I think the thing that scares people is the heartbeating.

4. [quote name='"trichome fiend"']...sounds like your lungs got ahold of some good bud ;)[/quote]

Yea I would agree.. but that's all I usually get.. maybe this was some dank ass dank haha

5. [quote name='"Perpcakes"']Yeah tha happens to me if I take a lot of smoke really fast , like 3 bong rips in a row and then it hits me. What happens is I'll freak for like 5 minutes and then I'll somehow forget about. I'm kinda used to it now but I think the thing that scares people is the heartbeating.[/quote]

I hear ya mang.. it does kinda scare me for a little bit. But then I get myself under control and relax.

6. you might have some shit you have not dealt with yet in your life and the weed just went BOOM' deal with that shit bitch' and your mind didnt know what to do so you freaked out, sounds complicated but its not :)

7. As you said it was likely the beginning of a panic attack, which is a normal reaction under occasional circumstances.

I would make sure you have had something to eat before smoking. Low blood sugar and smoking (which lowers blood sugar more) very often lead to panic attacks.

If it happens again just remember it's a panic attack, you are not going to have a heart attack or die.. etc. Just chill out, get something to eat and some water and you'll be solid.

Happy blazing man. :wave: :smoking:

8. [quote name='"nomoredoubts"']you might have some shit you have not dealt with yet in your life and the weed just went BOOM' deal with that shit bitch' and your mind didnt know what to do so you freaked out, sounds complicated but its not :)[/quote]

Haha that's flippin funny bro..

9. [quote name='"E4u2H8J9"']As you said it was likely the beginning of a panic attack, which is a normal reaction under occasional circumstances.

I would make sure you have had something to eat before smoking. Low blood sugar and smoking (which lowers blood sugar more) very often lead to panic attacks.

If it happens again just remember it's a panic attack, you are not going to have a heart attack or die.. etc. Just chill out, get something to eat and some water and you'll be solid.

Happy blazing man. :wave: :smoking:[/quote]

Come to think of it I hadn't ate hardly anything all day.. you may have just solved my problem bro!