fraternity/sorority

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by caster12, Aug 3, 2011.

1. does being independent make you stupid too?

2. Wow that is sooo cheap.

In order to join a sorority or fraternety you have to pay 3000+ a year and you sont even get to live there until you are a on your third or fourth semester

Why are SirTokeALot and that other guy arguing?

To each their own

I know i wouldn't like giving my money to not even live in their house

I don't want to be anyones bitch either doing all their things.

Yes they do lots of community service and other stuff. They do have some awesome parties. I mean you can still attend them but not the private ones.

3. First of all don't break the rules and name call. Keep the debate civilized. But honestly I could say the same about mindless frat guys who will blindly defend fraternities even if people point out the truth. The truth being that you paid for friends.

4. #44 Killed ur blunt, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    Frat's are cool for throwing parties ext, but as for joining a frat I think the whole idea is lame and as other posters have already said I don't want to join because I already have friends and don't really want 30+ dudes to be my friends just because I join their fraternity. Plus alot of the frats at my school pledge hard ( not all of them) but I don't really want to sleep in some dirty frat house everyday and get no sleep while fucking up my schoolwork and never seeing my homies.

e: I would like to know what they make you do as a pledge though because Im sure a lot of the stories I hear aren't very credible.

5. #45 justindibs, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I've been an independent then a greek and then an exile by choice.

Then you handpicked the people you wanted to be friends with.

6. That's because we have friends. People like Mur don't see it that way cuz they don't have real friends. For us who have friends it is just pointless to pay for 30+ but to people like mur its totally a good idea cuz they have no friends.

7. from the outside looking in, you could never understand it
    from the inside looking out, you could never explain it

my fellow greeks there is no point in arguing or convincing, we speak through our actions

8. #48 daTrueSasquatch, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    big man!

9. dude, just because someone is in a frat doesnt mean they joined because they cant make friends. yes, its true, that may be the case for some, but to make such a generalization, is unfair to those who dont fit the profile you put the in.

just cool it. we all get it. we know your opinions of frats. to each his own

10. #50 steezyDAT, Aug 3, 2011
    They only join to make friends and be popular because they never had a chance to do that in high school

11. I guess.

I don't just understand how people can attack greeks for no reason really.

12. Is the hazing as bad as they say?

13. I personally know of a few who were in Fraternities during my colege years. They were some chill bros whom I was down with. However you always have your occasional "frat douche", whom I ( as well the other fraternity bros and GDIs alike) just wanna leave behind in the sahara if push came to shove. If one wants to join a fraternity more power to them, but if jus ain't my thing, too much of an individual. I much rather be a GDI.

14. i would but chicago doesn't allow frat housing on campus. so fuck that. pfft.

15. Don't really want to get into this argument BUT..... It seems your only argument is, "they pay for friends." Find something different to complain about, I've seen like 5 posts of your saying the same exact thing.

16. Frats, like most organizations in the world, are full of chill people and absolute douchebags.

And from the outside looking in, we do understand it.

And if you're on the inside and you can't explain it, then you're kinda dumb, because it's really not that complicated.

*retarded lil wayne signature*

17. You aren't paying for fucking friends. Get that through your head.

You're paying for the upkeep of your chapter, national chapter, etc.

Fraternities have a ton of great causes. We have events that raise money for cancer, disease, natural disasters, and even one for when a neighboring frat house at our school burned down.

So, are you trying to tell me all we do is drink, try to fuck bitches, and make the freshmen pledges have butt sex with each other?

Well, 1 and 2 could be true. :p

If you're not in it, you won't understand. If you're in it, its impossible to explain.

18. #58 Sir Tokes Alot, Aug 3, 2011
    Frats also rape chicks frequently. Can't tell you how many chicks I knew that got roofied by frat dudes. So lets see paying for friends and raping innocent chicks? Yeah I think I will pass on frats. Can't get pussy on their own so they resort to drugging women... rather said.

19. I don't like frats n shit cuz the are exclusive as hell. I'm a stoner and not about selfish groups that you have to pay for. its all a joke to me, paying for that shit?, plus they are hella uncool to outsiders which is wack. and whats up wuith the gay stuff they do to new members?

20. They aren't even that exclusive. I have seen them beg for members and I mean beg. I coulda sworn I saw them offer to suck some kids dick to join one time no lie.