Frank Zappa

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by jomid, Jun 20, 2011.

1. is smoooookiiiiiiiiiiiiin! i want him to tell me he love me. hes great, just curious how many folks take a liking.

2. Yea I like Zappa he's the guy you listen to when your so high your in another world. His songs putyou in another place

3. one of my favorite older musicians. willie the pimmp always blows my mind

4. I'm seeing Zappa play Zappa and Return to Forever in the next month or so. Gonna be great :smoke:

5. i thought he passed.... do i stand corrected? if soooo thats freggin sweeettttttt! i wish i could experience that

6. #6 garrison68, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011

Frank died about 20 years ago. I saw him in the 1970's, with the band he formed after the dissolution of Mothers of Invention. His son, Dweezil, has a band currently on tour, Zappa Plays Zappa, doing all Frank Zappa material. I've got tickets to see them this August, with Return To Forever.

7. dont eat yellow snow

8. Stuff Up The Cracks, from Rubin and The Jets, by the Mothers of Invention, 1968, from the original vinyl, with the NASTIEST, and one of my favorite, guitar solos ever recorded in Rock and Roll:

View attachment STE-000.mp3

9. ooo I seeee, gosh in my dreams in my dreams. Thats going to be mind boggling!

10. uhm thank you :)

11. #11 garrison68, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    Just saw (Dweezil) Zappa Plays Zappa, on Saturday night, Aug. 13, 2011 - excellent performances.

Here's the set list, from the Saturday show at the Beacon, in NYC:

1 Son Of Mr Green Genes
    2 Cheepnis
    3 Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?
    4 Dancin' Fool -
    5 Cruisin' For Burgers
    6 Pojama People
    7 Fifty Fifty - with special guest Jean Luc Ponty, who played on the original recording with Frank Zappa
    8 Big Swifty
    9 Yellow Snow
    10 Nanook Rubs It
    11 St Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
    12 Rollo

The headlining act of the night, Return to Forever IV, which included Jean Luc Ponty (elec. violin), Stanley Clarke (bass), Frank Gambale (gtr), Lenny White (drums) and Chick Corea (leader, elec. keyboards), was great - best concert I've seen in years.

12. Hey dude.... Nice taste in music :)

13. apostrophe/overnnite sensation is my fav album

14. he is awesome

15. [​IMG]

Ugly washed up musician.

16. I was there too it was deff a sickk show, had pretty good seats on the bottom row. Zappa played awesome and Stanely Clarke ripping on bass was insaneee.

17. Stanley was incredible, his playing was definitely one of the major highlights of the night. Should have brought a digital recorder or flip cam, that was a monumental concert. I didn't even bring a cam.

18. Willie the pimp... goddamn

19. Zappa's the fucking man?