Foxtailing or reveg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dcthemvp1, May 28, 2012.

1. #1 dcthemvp1, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
    I'm at day 50 of flowering and I'm completely panicking. The buds were real nice and dense and smelled great about a week ago, but for the last few days they have been shooting out TONS of white hairs everywhere from top to bottom and the buds seem to be losing weight. They are no longer rock hard dense and instead really loose and spongy now. The smell was very fruity and now it's somewhat grassy smelling. I can't figure out why it's doing this or what's wrong? I have been flushing the last week now and that's about when this freak shit started happening! Is this normal for buds to lose smell and density this late in flowering? This isn't like normal where te hairs shoot out for one last attempt to get pollinated, it's like they are back at week 2 of flowering! I even went down to 11/13 to ensure it stays flowering and tries to finish, but I'm worried something freakish happened. It's not normal for buds to go from fat and dense to skinny and soft with new white hairs everywhere, is it?

[​IMG]

this photo was right when it started to happen. I wish they still looked like that! I'll try getting current pics when it's not so bright in the room.

2. id like to know the answer to this as well.my last plant did the same :( ended up with seeds starting to form

3. I went ahead and fed them in a last effort to make sure they're flowering and not vegging. My theories are either A) they're "bolting" from excessive temp and humidity. They were constantly at 80 degrees and 40% rh first 6 weeks of flowering and as of late it's been 90 and 55% rh. Could that cause this freak shit? B) some how some way they are trying to re veg.