Foxfarm ocean forest seedling burn

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jason Whitney, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Hey guys, first time grower here. I recently started growing one northern lights and 2 random seeds in my homemade grow closet. I'm using 2 50w LEDs and I've been adding CFLs as I see fit. Right now I only have 2 CFLs in the room.
    All the plants are about a week old. The randoms look fine but my northern light, which started out strong has started to turn yellow and dark at the leaf tips (see attached photo) it might be PH as my soil PH is closer to 7 right now. I haven't fed them any nutes. And ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. hey bud you said there only a week old , looks like your useing canna terra professional plus which has a starting ec of 1.0 that should last about 2 weeks , i would say shes to young to flush wats your feeding regime?

a few questions...

Autos/photoperiod

water...Tap/RO

what kind of medium

3. Hey, I'm using foxfsrms ocean forest. I water once every 3 days or so. Less if the soil still seems wet. I haven't started feeding them yet.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I also have it on a 20/2 light cycle. Will switch to 18/6 in a few days here. Also I water using regular tap water. Not sure where the PH of it stands

5. It's probably just burnt from being in Ocean forest at a week old, it'll have slow growth for a week or so then pick back up next time use a seedling mix ( not fox farms light warriors, it's still to "hot") for a week or 2 then transplant to the ocean forest

smokeandflys organics

• Like Like x 2
  6. whats the ppm / ec of your tap water it seems to me that your northan is crying out for some nitorgen. dont listen to people who say you need to ph your water for soil/potting mixes the soil should have enough lime for the plants life and the acids in ph up or down can kill of you microbios in your soil.

water when the soil is totaly dry up to your secound knuckle i would go with water then a feed watering so a feed evey other. never go with the strengths sugessted on the back of the bottles most say for this early a quarter stergth ... but i would say like 20% to start this is where need to learn to read your plant as i did a quarter strength on a og kush ive got and her leaves went very dark green and rigid ( nitorgen toxicity) while the white widow times big bud was fine. so my ec was at 1.0 on that feed so i will be droping down to around 0.6 / 0.7 if your running autos aka autoflowering they are such ligyt feeders .....

ive found northan loves mag so watch out for that .... all in all each strains are different .... you said you have to unknow are they feminised ??? as we dont want males unless your making seeds and im years away from that my self.

what pot size are they in at the moment as a quick fix would be to transplant to another pot fresh soil fresh nutes remember the nuts will only last a week the same as she has done now you need to get your self a tds/ppm meter or an EC meter ebay cheap onew are crap from my exsperince about 9 in a year last year so i went for the bluelab ppm pen as it does EC also. make sure to get the cailbration fluid also ive had a few issues with mine not wanting to calibrate or stay cailbrated and this is a must has i dont want to re cailbrate for every feed you need to trust you meter but to be fair im having less isues i do still check every feed as i cant trust it to stay cailbrated but last 2 times off by 0.1 which isnt right but its better than cheap ones the give you totaly false readings ive last 3 northans coz my meters fuck up b4 xmas hence the bluelab also they come with a 5 year warrenty.

sorry bout it beging so long totally checkout hygrohybrid on youtube or his website loads of good stuff to learn there but sadly he is a paid subscripton on utube totaly worth the coin tho if not medgrower1 bascially what hygrohybrid does but hygro came first lol med grower is free.... hope this helps

7. i dunno on nut burn as its normaly just tips and edges but i just zoomed in on the pic looks like you have loads of stops on the leafs are they like a rusty colour ( english spelling of the word) what is the ec of thr soil it will say on the back of the bag we dont get foxfarms over here its canna or biobizz thats it.

8. forgive the spelling errors as xbox one keyboard shit took me like 30 mins to write all that above.

9. What's a stop on a plant? Could you explain what the ec.. I can't seem to find it.

10. american potting mixes no clue as we dont get them over her if the EC is higher than 1.0 i would say to hot for this stage og growth but that dont look like nut burn to me nute burn wouldnt make the whole leaf die and thats what its doindg the browing is that just like leaves in autum. your plant is sucking nitorgen out of the older leafs to feed the new ones.

11. spots sorry bud, EC stands for electrial conductivtly a tds meter mesaures the amount of disolved salts in uour water tds meters measure on 2 scales the x500 or x700 scale an Ec meter on the Ec scale all 3 do the same thing just on different scales confused yet i was lol best to google it bud read and then read some more also youtube defo check out the guys i mentioned i wouldnt of started growing without a meter bud as we arent growing in earth her where mother nature does everything for you the moment that seed cracks your mother nature... dont worry its a massive learing curve ive been growing for over a year and ive still got loads of problems ive posted in this thread and made my own as shit keeps going wrong for me also.......

12. That soil doesn't look anything like Fox Farm unless you have a shit load of bark in there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. There's just a bit on the top layer. The rest of it is normal.

14. please say that came with the soil and you didn't just grab it from outside bud as you might end up with a pest problem as all the material in the bags of pre mixed soil comes pre treated for shit like that i wouldnt suggest have un treated life matter indoors IMO.

give me a holla if i can help out anymore.

15. *having

16. No, it's all from the bag. Just for somreason got a lot that collected at the top. Should I clear it out?

• Like Like x 1
  17. No if its from the bag it been treated and it's fine mate

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4030X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Hey guys, so I transplated my northern light into the foxfarms ocean forest in a 3gallon bag. It started to grow after about 5 days of nothing. Its still growing slowly, but the new leaves are starting to burn. Unfortunately the room regularly gets up to 91 degrees. Which I'm trying to control. Not sure if this is what's doing it. Any ideas what it might be?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. going to have 2 give more info bud soil ec, feed reg, water ph, run off etc looking at how thick that new growth looks like its got to much nitorgen also please convert 91of to celius for me as that's what i work with.