foxfarm ocean forest burning plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by oscar1984, Oct 26, 2008.

1. chouldnt u just add like 15percent of something with no nute vaule at all and make the ffof weaker? isnt it just that easy?

2. Yes add perlite and even a pre-flush before adding the seed would tone it way down.

3. I was searching through google & was reading of others issues with foxfarm ocean forest & happy frog soil burning seedlings has anyone else had problems with either of these soils burning seedlings? Is it better to use a seed starter mix after germinating then transplant into foxfarm soil or just transplant into foxfarm soil in a peat cup after germinating.

4. Out of all the seeds that I started I've only had an issue with one. But probably related to that strain, bagseed so I don't know what it is, as that one has issues with nutes period. All of my others did fine with no signs of nute burn from germing in soil... I mix about 20% perlite in and presoak soil.

5. Alrighty thanks NY, so you recommend adding 20% perlite to the foxfarm soil or does it contain enough already?

6. It has some in it, but not much.... which I like because rather pay for the good soil and add my own.

7. the issues lays in the nature of organic soil amendments - they are slow to release and normally that’s exactly what you want! But depending on how old the bag is, some bags may have been self composting and thus, more nutes will be available right away! Storage temp, age, even the locality of the bag (they use local ingredients when possible and that can mean the recipe changes slightly from location to location), plus PH of the water can all have a big change to the speed at which the organic amendments break down and make the nutes contained within available for the plants!

8. I recently just planted my 3 week old plant in fox farm soil, before that I was giving it nutrients and once I put in the fox farm ocean forest soil it burned and I ended up flushing the plant. Now that I flushed should I wait a month to feed it nutrients again? I’m not sure if the nutrients that are in the dirt already are getting washed out or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I have had nutrient burn from Fox farms ocean forest soil just by itself without any additional nutrients. Started showing up around week 4 on my Amnesia Haze auto. Each batch can be vary to some degree. Didn't think it was possible until I saw it for myself