foxfarm ocean forest burning plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by oscar1984, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Have three white widow at about two weeks old and was wondering if anyone else has had problems with this product foxfarm ocean soil mixed with foxfarm light warrior damaging young plants? I rooted them in rockwool and tranplanted them into this mix and the problems begane. These two were mixed at three parts ocean and one part warrior.

Thank You

2. i've never had problem w/ burning useing only FFOF. I had a buddy who had some bad burning from mixing lightwarrior and FFOF but I think it was because of all the Junk nutes he was adding and never flushed. Is lightwarrior a soil amendment? That rockwool will slowly raise the PH , but I don't see a small seed cube as causeing any problems like that , Good luck K+ GIMME PICS!

You sure it's Nute burn? Tips of the leaves?

3. I havent used any nutes yet just what is found within the soil. The light warrior I was informed by the company as well as the local hydro store would be a good arirator acting like perlite but the warrior has stimulating bacteria within it. I havent used any others besides this and have ran into problems both time just trying to figure out what is going wrong. The height of the plant is about one inch and as soon as the leaf developes from the center of the plant they turn a yellowish then become crispy brown and die. What should I do? The light 250 hps has been placed three feet away rather then 16 inches yesterday due to thoughts that the problem may have been from light burning.

Thank You

4. Yeah man, I dont think its the Soil.

Im actually doing a little test. The lady at my hydro store told me that happy Frog is much more aerated than Ocean Forest and more people are starting to switch, so I got some of Both. Happy Frog is alot fluffier.

Anyway I have some Sprouts in Ocean Forest And Happy Frog, side by side. Theyre ALL doing great. 4 Total, 1 was started in Rockwool, and then transplanted to OF with No Problem. Actually Ive been giving them Fox Farms Big Bloom since the day I planted the germinated seeds. My sprouts are about 2.5 - 3.0 inches starting on theyre second set of jagged leaves. Actually last watering Ive even introduced a small amount of Fox Farms Grow Big. No Burn, Theyr doing GREAT.

Heres the Rub.

Theyre under Two 26watt CFL's 5500k. Theyre only bagseed until my 1000watter arrives on MonDay.

THEN THE ULTRA HAZE & WHITE RHINO HIT THE DIRT.

Good Luck.

So... Id Say its the Light or OTHER factors NOT just the Soil.

5. the light is a 250 hps positioned at first 16 inches from the canopy then raised to three feet once I ran into the leaves dying and I am not watering again until they really really need it. Hopfully by raising the light and and not wartering for awhile this will narrow the frield to possible problems.

Thanks Again

Has anyone else mixed the fox farm ocean forest with the light warrior before and what were the results?

6. white widow is a strain that is EXTREMELY touchy when it comes to soil/nutes, they are one of the pickier plants, ive seen them grown with hardly no help, and ive seen them need a lot of attention, im sure it depends on the widow/pheno but as a rule WW are harder to please :hello:

7. yea, ffof burns some strains..some strains can handle it from seed but i've had 2 week old plants burn after i transplanted into ocean forest

8. So what should I do??

9. you could shake off as much dirt as possible and transplant into a more friendly medium..maybe straight pro-mix or something.

10. Not sure of what I am going to do yet. I have a more detailed senario of what is going on in the sick plant section but most think the problem is overwatering...not sure if I totaly agree. So if you find that you have some time could one look in the sick plant section and comment back on the best possible option for me to do.

Thank You

11. Can you post pic? Heard stories, but never had FFOF burn my sprouts. Watering can be tricky with rockwool in soil for first week. Must keep the rockwool moist, yet not overwater soil. Have any keeled over? Have you looked for pests like thrips, mites, gnats? My bet is it's not the soil burning the sprouts.

12. I'm perplexed as well, because I was recommended to change my medium to FFOF and it's burning MY plants, too. I've not added any nutes, just using straight up FF, and now my 3 babies look terrible...yellow legions all over the leaves that turn brown and crispy. I just flushed REAL good yesterday, so I'll inform you over the next few days if that worked or not, but it may be awhile before growth picks up again because I literally just transplanted them. I'll tell you what, though, I won't use FF on seedlings anymore. Mine are 23 days old, are kept under 6 27 watt CFL daylight 6500k lights, temp is an average of 80 degrees, and humidity is at 53%. Even my pH is 6.5 and I water with distilled water that's pH corrected. I'll keep you posted.

13. Thanks longway keep me posted on your transplant. No the plants are not keelong over not willted just stunted and the yellowing then crisping mc chicken affect.

14. just transplanted out of the ocean and into some pro grow organic mix any other tips I should pay attention to?

15. Ocean Forrest is all organic.

Are any other people having problems with plant burn?

16. Yes other people are having problems with burn on young seedlings please take a look at my post in this section and let me know on that thread what it looks like.

Thank You

17. Just wanna let everyone know I'm having the same problem with 2 different grows, one with bagseed and the other nirvana ice. All of the ice are showing burn symptoms, nothing but straight ph'd water.

18. what about starting in rapid rooter plugs/or similar and letting the seedling grow some roots before planting in the FFOF? Do you think that could help?

I have both Ocean Forest and Light Warrior ready for my next run with NL#5. Never used either product before, but i'd read so many good things i picked some up. Now i'm wondering if i'll be able to get away with using rapid rooter plugs before they go into the FF soil/s to stave off the burn you guys are experiencing.

Any thoughts on amending the soil?

19. If you have light warrior ready, why not just start with that? I'm sure rapid rooter into soil would be fine, but you would be fine if you just dropped it into light warrior as well.

20. Oh, i was under the impression that you were getting burned babies with FF as well. Were you using FF Light Warrior or just Ocean Forest? I've heard of folks having good results by mixing the two. Like half a bag of Light Warrior to a full bag of Ocean Forest i believe is the ratio i read.

More info. please. Just got a tap root, going into rapid rooter plugs (never used them before now), then onto FF soil.

Is there a way to easily amend the soil other than buying more (mild) soil.

Since FF Light Warrior says "Seed Starter" right on the bag, i figured that would be OK. Since reading about all the burn people are getting, i got some RR plugs to give them a gentle start. Now i'm wondering what the Light Warrior will be good for besides just bulk for the Ocean Forest.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Peace.