Fox News, NBC News, Daily Show

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JakTehRipper, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Fox news and MSNBC have been at it with each other for years, throw the Daily Show in to this equation and it's basically a political ménage à trois. All 3 are known for cutting out real quotes and making stories up in to their own for a quest for ratings and to sell books, if you don't realize this then you don't watch the shows =) You have truly evil people out there, hypocrites that scream at a camera and cut off others so they can look better and sell more books. You already know the list, Bill O'Reily, Rush Limbaugh, that idiot with the bow tie on Crossfire, Olbermann (who viciously attacks Bill O'Reily but is the exact same fucking person), Fox and Friends in the morning, Rick Sanchez, Tony Haris, and wayyy too many names to go on with. The Daily Show, which unfortunately has a majority of younger voters brain washed, is sadly the best news source out there. I believe Jon Stewart is an honorable man, and when he comes on shows to talk he really just has one agenda... "Please stop fucking up the country" (as summed as it gets). All the jackasses I mentioned above (besides stewart) have such control over the nation, trying their hardest to brainwash us. I really just hope that people on here realize the ignorance of mass media syndicates. I see too many people quoting Bill O'Reily or Rush on a day to day basis believing what they say, quoting it as fact. So after typing all this, I'm just kinda asking people to stop quoting ignorance. It's not only what they say, it's what they do. Michael Jackson died, so what... did they really need a fucking month of coverage? Was there no other news going on, honestly? It proves how rotten our american society is.

2. Oh, keep in mind I live in Bible Belt USA

3. The Daily Show is a satirical show...

4. No it isn't, you're probably thinking of the Colbert Report.

5. Hmmm...

6. lol. Stephen Colbert was a 'correspondent' on the Daily Show. The entire Daily Show is a giant satirical view of the days political landscape. John Stewart acknowledges it all the time. It's like 4chan on tv, about politics.

7. Stuart would be the first one to tell you his show is just comedy.

However I respect it much more than any other news show (besides Colbert), the other news channels are kind of in the same vein, only biased and not funny.

8. Yeah, but he has serious interviews on their too. Anybody remember the jim cramer interview??

9. As satirical as it is , its better than all the other shit news nowadays.

10. Stewart at his highest levels of satirical absurdity is light years ahead of the other networks when it comes to accurately reporting the news

11. Are you kidding me? For fuck sake people.... :confused_2:

Stewart is a stoner jackass who looks at the camera stupefied, there by commanding his auidence to laugh. Hes nothing but a partisan shill doing his part for the cause. I used to like the guy pre 9/11, but slowly ever since hes showed his true colors.

Thats not to say I'm not a stoner jackass, partisan shill to some extent, but I don't have international influence.

All you saying this is real news are absolutely daft coonts.

12. Prove to me how his satirical newscasts aren't at least trying to cut to the truth of the matter better than the partisan slants of the major networks?

I mean, are you seriously trying to say CNN/MSNBC/Fox aren't total partisan hacks?

Dont get me wrong, Stewart is partisan, but hes at least honest about it and sticks to his guns

13. For the most part yes, but not always. I've seen the daily show be manipulative and deceitful, in a non-funny way.

He was forced to apologize for calling Truman's nuke attack a war crime. I think that says something.

14. Uhh-huh.

15. I grew up watching it, I guess I just can't take "serious" news seriously, there's the Interweb for that.

16. No, I was agreeing with you. There's no 'nodding head' smlley, but I would've included that in there.

17. Yes this is true. I watch the Daily Show like its the news. The Colbert Report is the same as the Daily Show its just more ridiculous.

[​IMG]

18. ^^^shh...Sharon..Sharon? i just thought i'd say you picked a good name

19. same man. I like colbert better, but i really don't get any of my news from television. Too biased everywhere you look. I hate the Fox News Haters, because all the stations suck and have the same right or left wing agenda

20. I'm surprised, quite frankly, by the complete lack of sense of politics and the media that some people on this post have shown, blanketdly calling anyone who reads the news on TV at phony.

If you want to hear the real news--as in, what's actually going on in our country and around the world--there are actually 3-4 shows on Cable TV that are phenomenal. They are Keith Olberman, who can usually be seen from 8-9 on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow, who is on MSNBC from 9-10, and of course Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, who can be seen back to back from 11-12AM on Comedy Central. But don't take my word for it--ask any educated good person who keeps up with politics out there and they will agree with me.

You can also find the real news in a lot of venues online. My personal favorites are online blogs (I hate how they are called blogs because they are really well organized legitimate news outlets run by highly educated university professors, heads of institutions, etc) like Truthout, Huffington Post, TPMmuckraker, Firedoglake and Emptywheel. Then there is the Monday-Friday 1 hour daily show Democracy Now which can be found at Democracy Now! | Radio and TV News.

People get so into the whole liberal vs. conservative debate, left-biased vs. right-biased. But, just because one person completely disagrees with another (such as Olberman completely disagreeing with Bill O'Reilly) does not mean that that person necessarily has some kind of bias. Rather, most of the mainstream media, especially Fox News and all the outlets of the Rupert Murdoch empire, are simply wrong. They lie to the American people, they make things up, and they are frankly extremely dangerous. Fox News' Bill O'Reilly and Glen Beck consistently propogate disgusting lies and dangerous provocations to violence like Obama not being born in America or Health Care Reform being a plot to kill old people. They support clearly radical, rightwing american fundamentalist crazies. They are all part of the military-religious-industrial-complex.

Republicans are no longer conservative--they are radicals. Democrats are no longer liberals, they are convservative. The whole spectrum has shifted right. Liberal nowadays doesn't so much describe a group of super left-wing communist hippies as the group of people who are just plain and simply, good people. They want to help America, they want to help Americans, and they are tired of all the lies, politics, and exploitation.