Fox Farms Trio Pack

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HighMountainSkier, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Hey everyone,

I was out running some errands today and I found the Fox Farm Trio Pack of Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom for $24. After reading so many folks on here rave about their stuff I didn't hesitate in picking some up! :D

I'm still working out the details of my 1st grow, but according to their Feeding Schedule Big Bloom should be started out at germination and then used in conjunction with Grow Big until week 4?? That seems to go against what I've been reading on here. The dosage amounts also seem really high. I also didn't think I'd be using all 3 at the same time (weeks 7-8).

What do the experts think the proper usage and timeline for all three of these is?

Thanks GC!

2. hi i am a novice in indoor but for outdoor i use Fox Farms and it works great. with the liquid fers (the 3 you named) you CAN give the recommended amounts (i give .5 strength), but if you use the Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching only use 1/4 of what they recommend otherwise they will burn bad

Edit: yea i fudge the ratios that they recommend but just do what our gut tells you and never give more than what they say

3. Damn! Those are about $18 each in TX.

4. i live by this schedule... well only a few small mods; hold off on the tiger bloom a week or two (or around when you start using Open Sesame). when you get to the other 3 nutes hold off on on Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching. I usually give mine like a extra week or two of each but i judge it all of it from how beafy the buds are and the time of season

5. Thanks. Do I "need" to get Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching or for my 1st grow will I be ok with what I have? I'm looking to do a small rubbermaid grow.

Also, do you use a liquid one watering, and then a solid the next, or mix them together, then just plain water the next time?

6. That's a good price on trio pack. I got mine online for around $40. Are you using soil? If so, what kind? I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and my plants did not respond well to the nutrients. Even at half strength, they burned. I'm one week into flowering, and I haven't given nutes in over a week and a half. I know there's some nutrients in the soil, but I'm not sure when to start with supplemental. Anyone have experience with Ocean Forest in conjunction with the Trio Pack?

7. They were already sold out of the FFOF soil. That's what I plan on using...once I find a store that still has it.

8. I just picked up a trio pack today at my local hydro shop for $44 and change including tax

9. #10 *wakeNbake, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
    na you dont "need" it, especially for a first grow but it does help the buds be a lot more dense and stanky.

on the bad side with those other three nutes is its pretty easy to burn them where as the 3 you got are pretty much fool proof. dont be afraid to use even more than what they say FOR ONLY thre Fox Farm Big Bloom because that has such a low N-P-K and it is more of a food for the plants (its worm castings and such)

i mix it all together but just make sure you use at least or >1 gallon when mixing them

no problemo dude, good luck;)

10. Thanks dude. +rep.

How long does a bottle last you? I'm wondering if I should stock up while it's cheap ;)

11. #12 *wakeNbake, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
    thanks man haha i love fox farms tho for real, you will be very happy with your yield and how "oily" and amazing they feel and smell.

def invest some cash in the Fox Farm Big Bloom (overtime a gal will save a lot of $) and maybe a small Grow Big and Tiger Bloom (play it by ear, you will know in time before you run out). The other 3; Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching on the other hand will last years (seriously, years)

... thinking about it, if you can get a good deal by buying bulk for the Grow Big and Tiger Bloom i would do it. if its not a good deal then screw it

12. sorry for the thead hijack
    i have a question about this stuff.
    my current nutes is hesi nutes for soil. i have issue with it building up white flakes inside my 2 liter bottles (i fill up 2 liter bottles and water from them so i dont mix every time i water)

will fox farm nutes have build up aswell? is any one familiar with this issue? yes my water is hard water , but no i dont have the issue in every single 2 liter bottle only 50% of the time

13. Thanks again *wakeNbake. At $8 a bottle, I'll probabily pick some more up next week.

14. i wouldnt give any nutes until the plants are a few weeks old because theyre really fragile at a younger age.and definitely start with like a quarter of what they say and gradually build up to what they say after period of the plants current growth type (vegging or flowering). and you also have to take in the amount of watts youre using. most people use the lowest wattage they can get away with for a cfl stealth grow due to size restrictions, resulting in longer vegging and flowering times when compared to a metal halide.

15. Right now, it looks like I'm going to start out with 4 26Watt 6500K bulbs and 2 26 Watt 2700K bulbs for veg, and then switch all 6 to the 2700K for flowering, but that's a topic for another thread ;)

16. Same. Curse scarcity and small towns!

17. Thats the problem with ffof is it alraedy has a lot of nutes in it
    so you load on some more and you burn them bitches

18. I have read a lot of advice on GC to stay away from Miracle Grow soil because of the heavy nutes added. What makes the FFOF different?

19. I think its because MG soil has slow time release ferts, while FFOF and other FF soils are organic.