Fox Farms Ocean soil too strong for germinating seeds ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Art99, Aug 28, 2008.

1. I'd like to know if the fertilizer in a blend of Fox Farms Ocean soil, Vermiculite and some perlite is too strong to germinate seeds in or if i should just start them in regular soil and then transplant after 10 days or so. On my first grow I transplanted to Fox farms soil after 2 weeks and had good results but would like to eliminate this step if possible.

thanks for any replies

2. FF Ocean Forest soil is probably the best soil you can come by for growing weed, along with ProMix HP I think it's called. It's good in all stages as long as you don't overfeed/overwater the plants and have a big enough pot.

3. Thanks for the reply. I have a limited number of seeds left so can't really experiment much. I agree that this soil is pretty incredible stuff and on my last grow I didn't need to fertilize at all until flowering so it makes things very simple if you can germinate the seeds in it too :)

4. I used ff ocean with the lst plant in my gallery, started using it as soon as the seed germinated and everything was great.

5. Glad to hear it - that's exactly what I plan to do too. It sure makes things a lot easier that way :)

6. I only use the one soil, which I mix myself, for adults and seedlings.