Fox Farms Nutrients and Ph

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by LittleGreenMan1, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Hey blades. LGM here wondering what fox farms nutrient line does to the Ph of your water. I use flora nova right now and its pretty damn good because it lowers the Ph of your water. so add 1 tsp flora grow to your gallon and your all nuted up and ph corrected (tap water is 7.2 here). I'm wondering if fox farms will have a similar effect. is it the N-P-or K that is lowering my Ph with the flora?:confused:

2. #2 Blaze21, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
    My pH went up quite a bit when I used the Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. The EC also got really high and it seemed like they may have caused some lock-out as well. Their fertilizers do not seem to be very clean or balanced.

Personally, I really do not like Fox Farm at all. I started getting much better results in both veg and flowering when I switched to other nutrients. It also really bugs me that they try to pass a lot of their products off as organic, when they are not. If you aren't going organic, they why even waste money on something like Fox Farm? Grow More or something similar is a fraction of the cost and will work better as well, so I do not see any point in using Fox Farm products any more. Use it if you want, but you will probably get considerably better results switching to another nutrient line.

edit: It was a few years ago I was using FF, it may not may not be the same now. Regardless, I still would never use anything they make.

3. General Hydroponics makes some of the better nutes from what I've seen. I wouldn't switch over to fox farm.

As for what's lowering the pH it's probably Nitric acid stripping protons from the water.
    (N2O2H- + H+=N2O+H2O)

4. I use Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. The GB seems to keep pH about neutral. The TB lowers the pH considerably. It states on the bottle that pH up may need to be used.
    I personally like the Fox Farm nutes and have noticed considerable growth increases.

5. Yeah, a lot of people talk shit about GH but I've seen people get some unexpectedly good results using nothing but their 1-part.

6. Every time I've seen that it's usually been attributable to serial over fertilization. And yeah, I use their one part. It's given me great results.