Fox farm soil w/smartpot vs bubbleponics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by runhomie1013, Aug 19, 2017.

1. First time grower here.

I I'm 2 items away from starting a bubbleponics setup. I'm running the room and I can't get the temp under 87 witch is too high for bubbleponics I read. So should I just go with a fox farm soil in a smart pot. I read a soil grow should be no more than 85 degrees and I believe I can get the room there.
    Opinions??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Well if your temps are suggesting you should be in soil then I suggest going with soil. Especially if you feel you can manage your temps better for that situation, I personally run Fox Farms nutrients with ffof soil my temperatures stay around 83 but have reached as high as 88 and I have seen no ill effects as long as humidity was in range

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. If I would do soil I would do general hydroponics nutes.
    And my humidity is about 40%. What's optimal for 80 degree Temps?
    And I've seen people use just ff soil and no nutes for the first weeks to first few months. Do you have experience with this working?

4. My first grow was autos. High 60s or above for veg humidity..I stay about 45 for bloom cycle.. I cut my ffof soil 50% perlite..no nutes until day 15 then I fed with guano and kelp.. Last 2 weeks of the first month I was at 1/4 tsp petes 20 20 20..after that I switched to my reg feeding schedule feeding between 750 1000 ppm with fox farm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 50% perlite? Did you have to water daily? Can I just use general hydroponics flora series?

6. I use ff ocean forrest and am on week 6 and only gave nutes for the second time yesterday. The soil has some in it already, and when you transplant up, there's more fresh nutes in the new soil. Although I didn't develop a deficiency, I definately did notice much faster growth the days after I gave nutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. How many time do you transplant? Can I go from a red cup to a 1-5gal smartpot?

8. Its between 30 to 40% I cut it to achieve better drainage and cut back nutrients as it is a hot soil.. The ffof holds on to water.. I also water approximately every 4 days.. When I run photos I go from solo cups to 1 to 3 to 5

• Like Like x 1
  9. You can see there is quite a bit more perlite in my soil[​IMG]

10. I'm going to grow a cookies and dream I was told it's an auto flower.
    OK so I have the seed in Rockwool under a t5. So when the roots start showing from the bottom put into a red cup? With fox farm. Any maybe a month later 3gal smart pot with GH nutes? Would that work?

11. If its an auto go straight from the rockwool to the put

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yup autos go directly into there finish pots from seed

• Like Like x 1
  13. I also add 30-40% perilite. I went from solo cup to 1 gal to 5 gal

14. But yeah go into the final pot for autos

15. Rockwool to final pot