fox farm soil any ideas for good soil nutes?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xxxMindxGamexxx, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Hi im goin to get some fox farm soil tomorow and I was wondering what would be some good nutes besides the fox farm grow big and big bloom

2. trichrome fiend gave me the answer to this..ill try and pass that info to u

ur fox farm is organic and using synthetic nutes will kill ur fox farm organic nutes or microbes

so to feed ur plants organically u need compost tea

i think i worded that correctly im no pro grower pm trichfiend if u need more info

3. Check out my grow in my signature.
    Im currently vegging 7 OG Raskal clones. I'm using Fox Farm Ocean forest soil and House & Garden nutes. Great soil and great nutes!:)

4. didnt use anything in veg. used tiger bloom and super thrive and molasses in flower

5. Use grow big big bloom and tiger bloom and molasses. Be careful with the fox farm soil though it has alot of nutes in it a months worth so be careful to not over feed.

6. Unless FF changed their formula within the last couple years the only thing that is organic is the Big Bloom. The others are organic based with chemicals so you don't have a micro herd.

7. Okay thanks for the feedback, i definately wont use any synthetic nutes thats what the lady at the hydro store said is it will only work with organic nutes so im just going to get some fox farm grow big and big bloom in about 2 weeks. Does anyone know if advanced nutrients is organic? I have bud ignitor kushie kush big bud and overdrive for my bubbleponics i was wondering if i was going to be able to use these?

8. #10 trichome fiend, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011

...Grow Big is synthetic......once you add synthetic fertilizers (or salts) you kill these microbes (they get dehydrated), leaving your plant to rely solemnly on the synthetic fertilizers that you'll have to contine to pump into your soil. If you wish to reap the benefit of your soil choice, I would contine organic, IMO....by using (AACT) Actively Aerated Compost Tea. Here's a book that you might want to read >>> http://books.google.com/books?printsec=frontcover&id=r3ZsL47QiVQC#v=onepage&q&f=false

( Here is a few things about Fox Farm and their products which I aquired from their official site, linked >> http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/faqfox-organics.html#anchorfaqorganic1 )

Just What Is An Organic Fertilizer?
    Organic fertilizers come directly from nature. For example, our Peace of Mind® and Happy Frog® fertilizers are made up of ingredients like alfalfa meal, bat guano, and bone meal. Big Bloom™, our liquid plant food, contains earthworm castings and Norwegian kelp. And when you dig around in our organic potting soil, Ocean Forest®, you’ll find composted forest humus, peat moss, and marine ingredients like crab meal.
    When you use organic products in your garden, you are providing the finest ingredients nature has to offer, harvested from all over the globe. These nutrients may be released more slowly, but they’ll last longer, too. Because the ingredients are all natural, they provide a rich, well-balanced meal to plants—one that is packed with important, but often overlooked, micronutrients.

Why Use Inorganic Ingredients?
    A synthesized or mineral fertilizer can offer just the right support when your plants need it the most. Think of the last time you took vitamin C for a cold. An inorganic fertilizer can offer the same targeted benefit, and it’s fast-acting, too. Tiger Bloom®, Grow Big®, American Pride®, and Marine Cuisine® all include non-organic ingredients.
    Some inorganic fertilizers are simply naturally-occurring minerals that have been treated to make them easier for plants to use. Others may be manufactured in a laboratory. Examples include ammonium sulfate, potassium chloride, and iron sucrate. Each of these are specific nutrients designed to address a plant’s individual needs.
    When it comes to synthetic fertilizers, quality matters. FoxFarm chooses only the finest ingredients for its family of fertilizers that deliver optimal nutrition for each stage of a plant’s growth, and bottom line we never - will never - never going to happen in this lifetime- use cheap fillers or low-grade, industrial chemicals.

Do My Plants Know the Difference Between Organic and Inorganic Fertilizers?
    Some people say that the plants cannot tell the difference between an organic and an inorganic fertilizer, but the soil can. Remember, soil is alive. It’s teeming with microbes, decaying leaves, tiny insects—all the very life that makes plants grow. Organic fertilizers add food to that rich mix. On the other hand, an inorganic mineral fertilizer can give your garden a boost in the same way that a concentrated multivitamin can give you the extra nutrition you need. What matters most is that everything you feed your garden must be carefully balanced to deliver the nutrition plants need while avoiding the buildup of salts and other toxins.

What’s the Big Deal About Salt?
    Think about the last time you walked through a forest. It was probably cool and damp, no matter what the weather was like when you left the house. That’s because trees and other plants are giant water pumps. Water moves in through the roots, travels through the stems and leaves, and gets released into the air through a remarkable process known as transpiration. A single maple tree can transpire up to 58 gallons of water per hour. Even an ordinary tomato plant transpires 30 gallons during a growing season.
    Water, then, is critical to a plant’s well-being. Too much salt in the soil can inhibit what we call a plant’s “osmotic potential”—its ability to take up water. Just as salty food can make a person thirsty, salty soil can dehydrate a plant. Cheap, poor-quality synthetic fertilizers can create salt build-up in the soil that can cause your garden more harm than good.

9. ^^ Thanks a bunch man

10. #12 xxxMindxGamexxx, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
    Oh okay thanks man you saved me! What would be some amazing organic soil veg food? Money is not an option and i dont have time to make compost tea all the time i just need to buy a big bottle of something.

If I cant find anything im just going to get grow big and say the hell it cuz alot of peopel say they had amazing results with grow big and big bloom idk why they would make somethign that counter reacts their soil

11. I did FF Ocean Forest with Big Bloom and Tiger bloom only, with molasses, and i'm overly satisfied with the results. First grow but I started flushing this weekend, gonna chop in another two. I did big bloom in the later half of veg, then tiger from flowering on with a few sporadic BB's inbetween and molasses since week 5 1/2 (on week 8 tomorrow). But I assumed the same thing, FF wouldn't make something that wasn't compatible. Btw, Ocean forest holds about 30 days worth of nutrients. Then flush, then add nutes thereafter,

12. I'm using the Humboldt Nutrients organic line of nutrients. The total line contains 13 products. If you follow their program they recommend using RO water and to mix and brew the products for at least 24 hours prior to use. The buds will smell and taste better than Fox Farm.

13. compost tea has all nutrients needed by the plant and is organic? if it does my gardens gonna be all organic

14. I would also recommend testing the run off ph from the soil after watering. I've had some good results recently with Age Old Orgainics (which is REALLY inexpensive) and I was able to see a difference right away in my soil (run off) ph. I used Age Old Bloom (5-10-5)... I'll probably stick with a few parts of this line for all my soil grows.