Fox farm soil and nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gotexans, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Is the Foxfarm ocean forest soil and the Foxfarm big big bloom enough for a grow?I want to stay as organic as possible . Is the whole trio necessary?

2. If you're really wanting to grow organic, then you won't use the soil and nutes above. Organic growing is using unammended soil that is typically mixed up by the grower and teas and other natural ingredients as fertilizer/nutes. If you're a new grower, forget the organic crap and just get the FFOF and FF nutes and grow a plant so you can get a little experience. Don't worry so much about the brands you use, worry about learning the process. Information is your friend in growing and it takes a whole lot of time and effort to put a crop together and get it to harvest. You need to know as much about it as you can so you CAN get a crop from seed to harvest. Read, read, read....then read some more until you can get a grasp on the basics of growing these plants. Good luck!! TWW

3. So should I just buy the trio of will my plants look good with just the big bloom?

4. How much will the quality and you'll go down if I don't use the others

5. Big bloom has almost no ferts in it, the other two grow big and tiger bloom are the more powerful of the trio, check the numbers on the bottom. I'm using a very similar setup except my soil has some black gold, coco-coir and perlite added. getting good results with the trio. Be careful with your nutes man, i've been going back and forth between too much and not enough my whole first grow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Big bloom is a compost tea, not a full nutrient regimen. Read the ingredients: guano, kelp, ewc... you could make hundreds of gallons of the exact same stuff for a fraction of the price.

You want cheap nutes pick up a bag of Espoma Tomato-Tone for 6 bucks. http://imgur.com/a5PkFcH

FF lineup works great if used properly. Problem is most people don't have a floor drain in their grow area and have to move the plants in order to flush them of excess salts, or suffer the consequences.

Adding dolomite lime to your soil before planting helps with the ph drift but if you have no way to dispose of dozens of gallons of runoff without busting your ass then you might want to consider going full organic.

If I didn't have to deal with excess runoff I'd still be using synthetic nutrients.