Fox farm ocean forest soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Trizzyboi, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Does anyone else have any deficiencies in their plants when using Fox farm ocean forest? I've heard that it's suppose to have every bit of nutes so you don't have to add any to the soil. Am I right or wrong?

2. Wrong. Fox Farm isn't made for specifically cannabis and at best it'll have nutrients for the first 3 week or so. If it had everyone one needed things like supersoil or the entire organics sub-forum wouldn't exist. They'd just use FF.

3. Okay, that's what I was kinda thinking. What nutes are best for fox farm soil? I know some certain fertilizers can burn the plant when using fox farm soil.

4. Soil is soil. There's no best nutrients. Nitrogen in Botanicare is the same Nitrogen in Fox Farm. The plant doesn't care. I would make sure you have a grow (Nitrogen heavy), bloom (PK heavy), calmag, microbes (for soil life) and a mag/sulfur (or just mag like Advanced Nutrient's Sweet). Personally I use General Organics since the GO Box was only $35 and had everything except microbes (I use Great White).

5. Okay that's what I was thinking. I have FloraNova and it has high amounts of NPK and cal mag, and all trace elements. Should that be okay?

6. FloraNova is heavy in K. It is bloom booster more so. You need FloraSeries

7. Actually, in 5 gallon pots of FFOF, my plants had no deficiencies showing until day 45.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I didn't mean my post to be taken so literally. I'm sure there are strains that are more efficient with their nutrients or individual plants that aren't the norm. On average though so you don't see many successful grows that use FFOF with out nutrients (organic or otherwise) for so long.

Can you typically get around 45 days with OF or was this one crop? Personally I had to feed my plants around 3 weeks in before I switched to Promix/Clonex until week 3.

9. I tested it with those plants, there were multiple strains, first signs of deficiency was day 45, but it's better to feed them before they show deficiencies, so with FFOF I typically start feeding at week 4 (depending on pot size of course).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Well I grow CBD Hemp Strains, I just transplanted my plants into 3 gallon pots and some 5 gallon to see which ones work better.

11. When you transplant into a bigger pot, the fresh soil has nutes. I've found that as I transplant from solo cup to 5 gal, I don't need any nutes untill 2-3 weeks after being in final container. So basically no nutes untill flowering.

12. Well I am trying to multiply as many plants as I have so I'm taking clones a clone or two off each of my plants a week. We just transplanted into 3 gallons pots from a 1 gallon. Hopefully that should help with my potassium deficiency I'm having. After two weeks I will start feeding.

13. I've always had good luck with FFOF mixed with some xtra perlite and coco. It usually sits around 2000 tds. Definetly feeds your plants for first 2/3 weeks. Then i feed every other watering with GH nutes and some molasses during bloom. Always takes me thru flower. Usually end up around 4/500 tds at the end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

14. FFOF is all I use, as I've had nothing but good luck with it. I use it in conjunction with the FF trio nutes:
    Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula

I also grow my plants in only fabric smart pots, as that prevents over watering, and allows oxygen to the roots.

I have never added perlite to my soil, though I think I'm going to give it a try on my next grow and see if it makes a difference. I've read a lot of people online doing this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. So I transplanted my 3 week old plants into 5 gallon smart pots. Ocean forest soil and the plants have a great root system overflowing. I did water with less then quarter strength GO nutrients and finished with a nice flow of just water. Did I make a mistake by hitting them with nutrients this fast??? Hopefully you reply