Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ComptonA55Tyler, Apr 15, 2014.

1. #1 ComptonA55Tyler, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    IVe been growing indoors for awhile and just joined this forum recently because i am going to attempt my first outdoor grow this summer.

I noticed alot of people on here that are new to growing resort to sticking their small infant plants or seedlings into straight FFOF.

Ocean Forest is a great pre mixed soil with many things in it to help your plants. However, it runs to hot with nutrients for small seedlings or infant plants. I honestly would never use straight FFOF even on an adult plant.

Happy Frog Soil is great for seedlings and small plants.

If you are determined on using FFOF consider adding other amendments to it to calm it down a bit.

Dont ever put seedlings in it though.

When i use Ocean Forest i Mix 35% of it with 35% happy frog.
    Then i add about 10-15% perlite along with 10-15% worm castings.

Hope this helps for everybody asking about FFOF

2. im also a new grower;first time grower to be exact. I started out germinating the 13 seeds that i had in the little plastic starter pots until they popped up. This was on the first day of spring . They all have their third set of leaves by now which is april 15 marking the lunar eclipse that happened early this morning. Theyve been transplanted to a 2_3 gallon pot with fox farm ocean forest mixed with trace minerals blood meal micronutes and bone meal. Thryve been outside since they popped and they look really good...at least i think.

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. They do look nice, your soil might still be a little hot though for seedlings though. Happy growing my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I used fox farm ocean forrest exclusively for many years and put straight seeds in it. Never had an aissue, however, i also ran water through itto push out the builtup nutes and saved them in jugs for later waterings.

Cant argue with the results ive had.

Id like to add to OPs post and say this, always sterilize your soil. Bake it, microwave. Whatever you can.

My only pests I ever had came from that soil. Many growers have a hardtime believing the soil could be contaminated, but it has been. Why risk it?

Root aphids will drink your poison and spit it in your face while laughing.

Ten years of growing experience meant shit when it came to those critters.

what strains are you growing?

you could always water with some neem oil to kill any bugs living in the soil as an alternative

7. It just looks like that from the top being dry but its moist snd cool under that centimeter of top soil lol. Its been raining for the past two days anyways. Yesterday was cold as shit but they made it outside! Idk if i did anything wrong but i removed the first set of true leaves so thats why you see just two sets for some of those snd i lost 5 plsnts awhole back to some some kind of animal.. sad day for all of us.

8. Im not sure my buddy gave me 8 seeds which were cookies and some purp but i ca t be 100. And i hsd a chemdawg strain and blue cheese but im not sure which ones i lost and which ones i still have. One is wild that i found in my frony yard lol. Its gonna be a surprise i guess

well they look good so far!

10. I just fimmed the wild one 1 day ago. My hope is to main line those plants

11. I started my outdoor grow inside two weeks ago. I'm growing a strain by spliff seeds called polm gold. I created a grow journal on it because I literally can't find anything about anybody growing them. I ordered them from sensible seeds. I'm putting them in ten gallon pots because they are supposed reach 3m tall which is roughly ten feet so I'm excited

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Thats gonna be a monster dude.. i wish i had the space for a plant like that!

13. I use it straight on seedlings :confused_2:

i hope they work out, 600 grams a plant if lollipopped and trained. and if they reach their height of course

you dont burn the taproot? it turns brown on the tip and stunts growth

16. Im not pro but from my observations the sun will be more than enough for it to reach that high plus youll be using 10 gallon pot its gonna love it. But then again nothing beats a hole in the ground

No, they pop up nice and green.

18. Have also sprouted seeds in FFOF with no issues.

19. 20 to 25 gallon smart pots will get you 1 to 2 pounds. Be pushingit in a ten. My tallest bush last year was 12 foot tall and 14 foot wide in a 400 gallon smart pot did 9.5 pounds after losing a bit to powdery from hrvesting it late in November. Doing 20 400s this year stay tuned. ;)

20.  A hole in the ground would be nice but im growing in a secluded marsh area so the ground is very wet and would drown the plants easily with a heavy rain