Fox farm ocean forest or happy frog?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 413bestbuds, Oct 18, 2017.

1. I am a fan of fox farm ocean forest, but as well as happy frog. I was planning on using a 3/4 FFOF and 1/2 happy frog for veg on these plants. I used just ocean forest for my last veg and plants didn't need feed for a month. Any suggestions? I also was thinking about adding 10% perlite to mix and earthworm castings. Originally was going to do 50/50 happy frog ocean forest but from what I have read ocean forest is a hotter mix and more well rounded soil. Let me know your opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 75% HF 50% FFOF 10% Perlite?
    I think that's over 100% ;)

I use 40% HF 40% FFOF 20% perlite

3. I have used FFOF for a long time but really b/c of habit. I think its a bit rough with the chunks of stuff in in and it seems to be buggy too. I just started adding extra perlite and will continue to do this but if there is a soil that is better out there, I am all ears.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ive used them both, mixed them together and honestly they both are excellant soils. I think the fox farm is a little better for plant early stages and the happy frog is better for extended vegging. This time around i used just the happy frog and the plants are large and lush. You really cant go wrong with either choice. Its growers preference